violet

Mitras: Present Day

"I don't know what to even say," Sasha breathed.

"You don't have to say anything," your eyes wilted lifelessly.

"I just want to cry," she muttered in a broken whisper. Miserably, you pursed your lips.

"Fuck your brother," she shook her head. "I get why you wouldn't talk about Dean but why exactly didn't you mention him at all?" she whispered, her voice cracking slightly.

"Sasha . . ." you shook your head.

"You need to address everything and clear it up," she gently coaxed. "Not even having mentioned him up until this point is what led to this fight with Eren to begin with. Just this once, talk about it with me and him and we'll never bring it up again."

Your eyes flicked towards hers, "I don't think Eren wants me anymore."

"Are you stupid?"

"Huh?"

"I know what he did was the shittiest thing possible and he deserves to be yelled at for it, but you need to talk before coming to any conclusions like that," Sasha frowned.

Trapped in a stare-off, you both refused to tear your eyes from one another. That was until the gentle hum of your phone on the table earned your attention. Eren.

"Are you going to answer?" Sasha asked.

"I'm . . . I'm not ready to talk to him yet," you shivered, thinking about how he up and left.

Sasha nodded, softly murmuring, "Okay."

The call dropped before a fleeting moment of silence brought about another call from the boy. You closed your eyes, turning away so you couldn't see his name.

"I support you no matter what," Sasha said. "You don't want to speak to him, that's fine. But maybe I should talk to him and see what he wants."

You said nothing. Reliving your time with Dean broke you, virtually more than seeing him last night had. What was he doing in Mitras? Why was he with that group of people? He stopped talking to everyone but Alex after he left so why?

You shook your head, shaking off any thoughts and memories you had of Dean. The moment you did though, you pictured Eren and you sitting at the beach like you did some night a while back. That felt like forever ago.

Then Sasha's phone being the one to ring brought you back. She offered a hesitant look as you nodded before she picked up the call, "Hello?"

As if the air brought razors to his lungs, he felt his chest ache in agony, trying to find the right words, "Sasha? Are you with her?"

"You know I should really bash your head in through a window for what you did," Sasha flatly said.

"I know. I fucked up." Eren replied, still out of breath. "Is she okay?"

"She's safe, if that's what you're asking," Sasha looked out the window.

"Can I talk to her?" he pleaded desperately that it made her pity him.

She caught that quick shake of your head before answering, "That's not a good idea."

"Oh . . . okay. Where are you?" Eren asked. "Please just tell me. I need to see her."

"I'm not telling you that."

"Please—Sasha, I need to talk to her," Eren begged.

"She'll see you when she's ready. Give her some space till then," and just like that, she ended the call.