snowfall

Mitras: Day Three: Wedding Day

When he stirred awake, he flicked his gaze over to your face. Your eyes were still closed, beautiful lashes lining the rim of them. The two of you had gone to bed not too long before midnight, leaving him waking up around six in the morning. The sun was still down as it was the dead of winter, he wouldn't be seeing it for another two hours.

By the looks of it, Sasha never returned to the room as well. She must have just slept in Connie's room then.

The boy kept his eyes on you. His body was Damascus steel being melted by a blacksmith to forge a mighty sword, to remain steadfast and by your side.

His mind and body were always at conflict when it came to you. Was he to remain boldfaced and strong to keep you safe? Or was he to let himself relax and revel in your company?

Was he to remain a sword worthy of fending any trouble and remain at defense? Or was he to drop his ammunition and curl up in the light of the moon?

Another part of him had answered that for him. That part of him that was lying in a field of lavenders, even more purple flowers growing on trees over his head like ivy. You by his side like it was all he needed.

The shards of his soul had been nectared from the flowers that hung over him, curating honey as golden brown as the light of the very sun, sweeter than any fruit to have been put on Earth.

Eren kept staring at you, mindlessly doing so as he let his thoughts run rampant. He hadn't realized he'd been doing it an hour straight till you moved again. The cheek you had resting on his chest was lifting off him while your eyes slowly opened.

You looked at him through blurred vision, slowly squinting at him, "Are you watching me sleep?"

"No," he countered quietly. "This is all just a dream."

"Don't hit me with that crap," you rasped, rubbing your eyes before coiling your right hand around the crook of his neck. Humming softly, you nosed at his jaw, pressing a kiss there. "How long have you been up?"

"Like an hour," he muttered. "We went to sleep around midnight."

"Really? It felt much later," you mumbled. "Ugh, I feel ancient."

"You think we could catch the early bird's bingo game in the recreation lounge?" he joked.

"Yeah, right. I'm too tired to even move," you turned onto your other side, facing away from him.

You closed your eyes but he was appalled by the fact you rolled away from him. He turned onto his right, pressing his chest to your back, draping his arm around you to keep you against him, and setting his chin on your shoulder. You felt him kiss behind your ear, earning a gentle smile from you.

"Didn't think you'd be so clingy," you chuckled.

"Gotta remind you why I'm your man," he leaned forward, kissing the same spot again.

You couldn't contain the giddy feeling swirling over every last expanse of your body. Memories from everything that happened last night flickered before your eyes. How he had held you last night, wiped away your tears, listened to you talk about your past, ran his fingers through your hair as you fell asleep. How he had told you he loved you for the first time.

With the way he was—and the way you yourself were, you weren't expecting either one of you to admit your true feelings. Now that you had told each other, you were excited for whatever was yet to come.

"Dude, that tickles," you squirmed in his hold, giggling.

"Dude?" he repeated in bewilderment. "Who are you calling dude?"