jean and mikasa

🧪 This is the previous chapter but in eren's pov ;) this was fun to write, might do more of these. also enjoy the lil text convos 🥳Enjoy❤️

Eren sat with Armin at a table at the dining hall on Rose campus, the blonde with his nose in a book. The weekend had flown by and Eren couldn't stop thinking about you the entire time. He felt awful that you couldn't be there at dinner with him but with Mikasa's family coming over, it would've been a train wreck.

He didn't plan on going at all. Not until you pushed him to go, saying that it would look bad if he didn't.

Eren was busy on his phone, texting away.

Zeke🦧
Yo
Still need to talk to u

Eren
About?

Zeke🦧
the girl

Eren
What girl

Zeke🦧
Ur not good at jokes so let's not

Eren
Do I look like I'm joking

Zeke🦧
How tf am I supposed to know
I can't see u
Dickhead

Eren
Well I'm not smiling

Zeke🦧
Okay but when u get the chance
I wanna meet up

Zeke🦧
I didn't think your horny ass
would go after the ONE girl
you weren't supposed to

Eren rolled his eyes. He and his brother had an odd relationship. Sometimes it was just crickets and other times they would have these deep talks that left him thinking a lot. He was relieved he had him though because at least he could finally tell someone about you. Then it would finally feel real.

Eren
Okay
I'll tell you when I can

"So?" Armin looked at his best friend. "You going to tell me what's on your mind or not?"

Eren furrowed his brows, "Huh? There's nothing on my mind. How's that book?"

"Stop changing the subject," Armin closed the novel. "Mikasa and I noticed at dinner you were avoiding Zeke. He asked you to pass the gravy and you literally started coughing in the middle."

He had to be a psychic because there was no way he knew exactly what he was thinking. Even the fact he had his chats with Zeke pulled up was creepy. Knowing you, you'd say something corny like it was fate.

Eren scowled, "Dude, that's cuz I was choking."

Armin frowned, "You were still avoiding him though."

Eren rolled his eyes. He cleared his throat and looked around suspiciously, "Okay, so remember Halloween? Y/n's brother showed up and he's best friends with Zeke. So, Zeke, Sasha, and I had to help get her out of there."

Armin tilted his head, "I thought you said you hated her. Why would you care?"

"I do," Eren tried to cover up, sounding angrier than he needed to. All he wanted was to tell his best friend about the girl he liked. But Mikasa's involvement was making it far too tricky. "I do hate her."

"I don't think that's true," Armin probed. "I think you just want to justify hating her because you're too proud to say you changed your mind after getting to know her. You actually like her friendship though."

Eren stared at Armin, not saying anything. Well, at least Armin wasn't thinking of the worst-case scenario, which happened to be the true one.

"Maybe I do think she's a little cool," Eren mumbled. "But I really was choking on a breadstick when he asked for the gravy."