please read

Okay, hi. Author's notes are the worst things known to mankind and I loathe them so I'm gonna make this short lol.

There are several things i wanted to discuss in regards to the story.

As you all know, writing is something I'm insanely passionate about. The themes in this story may be extremely dark and I have put out warnings in the description of the book and before necessary chapters.

I wanted to preface this entire note by mentioning Y/n's family, her brother in particular who I named Mason.
His character is fictitious of course and his actions/behavior play a major role in the plot. In no way am I romanticizing domestic violence for the sake of the book or just to have histrionic plot points. This is all to raise awareness as the character Mason is unfortunately based off an actual person. Y/n and Theo (her younger brother who is based off my younger brother), are victims of domestic violence, and the main reason I wrote this story was to vent and to talk about a topic I feel isn't talked about enough.

A few of the things I have mentioned Mason doing within the story are all based off true events. As the story will progress, much more of his actions will unveil and I thought it necessary to put out this note. Y/n is also based off an actual person, her thoughts and feelings curate and come across as dark and alarming sometimes. Eren as well, so...

For anyone that is experiencing domestic abuse, the national hotline — 800-799–7233

For anyone who needs it, the suicide prevention hotline— 988

Please know that you are not alone and help is available. I love you all <3

I made an instagram account for updates/fic related stuff. If you ever need me, you can reach me through there :)
instagram: butterflytint_
tiktok: butterflytint
twitter: butterflytint