the university of eldia

Sunlight slipped into the room through the cracks between your blinds. It would have been a bliss to simply wake up to the morning birds, but your wretched alarm kept blaring within your walls.

You let out a haphazard groan, a little teary eyed because of your deep sleep. Perhaps you were having a horrible dream, it could explain the tears. You didn't seem to dwell on it though since you had only an hour and a half before your very first college class.

Turning off the alarm on your phone, you made your way to the bathroom of your shared apartment. For some reason you hadn't seen your new roommate anywhere. Maybe you could meet her finally once you're back from your class.

Once you got out of the shower, you quickly went back to your room to finish getting ready. Your phone was buzzing on your nightstand with texts from your parents, brother, and friends. Ignoring them by promising yourself to respond later, you finished getting ready. They could wait till after you managed to get to your first lecture without getting lost.

The weather was still nice since it was late-August, it easily called for a cute and effortless outfit. You went ahead to accessorize the way you believed did the outfit justice and fixed your hair and makeup. Back home, you never really dressed or presented yourself the way you wanted to. Coming to Trost could be a fresh start, a means to express yourself and be your own person.

Suddenly, you recalled a pair of teal eyes. That boy from yesterday . . . how could you forget? The boy with the skateboard, bulky black headphones, and bandaids on his fingers. The enigmatic boy would be difficult to forget now that you were in your senses again.

You didn't even get his number let alone his name, you made a mental note to get it next time you went to Bellflower Bookstore.

You meekly smiled at yourself in the mirror before miserably sighing. With only forty-five minutes to get to and find your class, you walked out of your room. For some reason, you were expecting to find your mysterious roommate somewhere around but by the looks of it, nobody else was in the apartment.

Maybe she was in class. Who knew? But that reminded you of how you needed to be in class.

You knew coming here so late without any knowledge of exactly where your classes were was a horrible decision on your part. Since you lived in a city that wasn't all that close, you had a bit of a commute to get here in the first place. Also, your family was persistent you stay with them as long as possible before you had to leave them. Would almost have been sweet if you weren't well aware of their nature.

You walked through the door, letting it shut behind you. Now, figure out how the fuck to get to Professor Shadis' statistics class.

You pulled your thoughts together, collecting the information on the campus shuttle that was arriving at the bus stop by your dorm building soon.

Trost was a lot different than Stohess, much more quaint and close knit. That's all you could think once you were finally seated on the bus. There were a lot more trees rather than the tall buildings you were used to. Dandelions and other colorful flowers were on display at nearly every sign of grass. The roads weren't busy surprisingly, considering it was the first day of the semester.

Trost was a very big and renowned city, but where the University of Eldia was located, it was quite secluded from other places in the vast city.

While you were admiring the scenery, the bus came to a halt again at the next stop. People were getting on and you were praying that there weren't any more stops before you finally reached the Maria campus.

Lost in your own panic, a girl abruptly plopped down in the seat next to you. She was in a dark oversized leather jacket and a pleated red plaid skirt, she had platform boots on and a lot of jewelry. Her hair was short, barely passing her shoulders. She was wearing a sage green headset, a lot like that boy from yesterday. And chewing a wad of pink gum. She had leaned her head back without giving you so much as a glance and closed her eyes while blowing a bubble.