off the deep end

CW/TW: graphic depictions of violence

◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦

You walked into Historia's empty laundry room and shut the door on him. Turning around, you were met by a cold stare.

Annie had a dull look on her features as she stared at you. She seemed to be enjoying a slice of pizza by herself, there was also another plate with two slices on her side.

"Hi, Annie," the silence was killing you.

"Hi," she replied.

"What are you doing here?" you asked, gripping your towel.

She had her back against the wall while she sat against the dryer, "It's quiet here."

You nodded, "Right. Are you waiting for Armin?"

You began to change and noticed a slight twitch in her brows. She didn't speak, but she nodded.

You smiled as you slid on your top, "I'm really happy for you guys, Armin cares for you a lot. You should see how jumpy he gets when we mention you."

Her eyes widened a bit, "Oh, thank you. I hope you and Jean are happy, too."

You pursed your lips, "That's sweet of you, but we aren't together anymore."

Annie frowned, "How come? You find out about his crush on Mikasa?"

Now your eyes were the ones to dilate, "What? What crush?"

Her lips were parted, and her face didn't give it away but you could tell she slipped something she had no intention of at first. "It's better if you forget what I said."

"No, hang on," you sat down with her. "Please, tell me."

Annie's eyes went to the door, "Well, he always has had it bad for her. He refuses to admit it though. I just thought he was over it now that he was with you, but I don't know."

You swallowed the lump in your throat.

"Sorry," she drawled in her drained voice.

You shook your head, "Don't be, I had a bit of a feeling but wasn't sure. I'm glad someone filled me in, so I wasn't completely delusional."

Annie remained silent. And you stood up, telling her, "Thank you."

You headed to the door, opening it and walking back into the party.

"Hey, Y/n," Armin had two cans of sodas in his hand.

"Hi, Armin," you greeted back. "You might want to hurry up, your pizza's getting cold."

He moved his head in an understanding manner, "Yes . . . wait a second."

You had already shuffled around the crowd, looking back at him to wink. You turned around to keep walking straight ahead, seeing Jean with Sasha and Nicolo in the kitchen. He was counting the amount of M&M's on the cookie in Sasha's hand as if they were running an experiment.

"Four, five, si—" he was cut off when you grabbed him by his collar.

"Come on, Kirstein, we need to talk," you dragged him away.

"Uh oh," Sasha teased as you were almost out of earshot.

"Am I in trouble or something?" he raised his brows when you pulled him towards the back door.

"I need some fresh air," you led him outside.

"What's the matter?" he was finally released by you once you were outside.