Chapter 11

[Sorry if I mislead you last chapter. I saw in the comments two of you were mislead. (Not actually sorry lol >:])]

Jojo buried her face into Sonic's fur. A few minutes later, a voice spoke up.

Maddie: You know, you may not be a hero, but keeping at it was the best thing you could have done.

Rachel: I'm not one for sweet talk, but I agree.

Tom: Thank you for taking care of us.

Randall: It was truly an act of pure kindness.

Beside the adults, there was one more nodded figure among them. He lowered his hood. Knuckles smiled from underneath.

Knuckles: You show true loyalty.

Jojo looked up from hugging Sonic.

Jojo: Wh-where did you go!?

Tom: We went to save Sonic. Knuckles was the one who returned him, he came back for us. He was in the hood so he could sneak in.

Knuckles: I may have forgotten to take it off...

Rachel: Besides that.

Randall: What matters now is that everything is back to normal, until that egghead appears again.

Maddie: Yeah. This whole shazam is finally over.

Jojo smiled.

Jojo: I'll leave him be.

Jojo stood up and everyone left to go downstairs.

Maddie: I'm going to make a cake, why doesn't everyone relax! We deserve a celebration.

Knuckles: What is cake?

Jojo: You've never had cake!? Aunt Maddie's is the best!

Knuckles: I am excited then!

Jojo: You should be!

Tom chuckled.

Tom: Alright, well what are we gonna watch?

Jojo: SpongeBob!

Tom: I'm fine with that. Everyone else?

Rachel: Mhm.

Randall: Of course.

Knuckles: What is the "SpongeBob"?

Jojo gasped.

Jojo: You don't know SpongeBob!?? You're going to love it!!!

They all watched TV for a while until Maddie was done with the cake. As they were eating the cake, a certain blue hedgehog came walking down the attic stairs.

Sonic: What are you guys doing?

Jojo: Sonic!!

She jumped out of her chair, almost knocking her plate off the table, and ran to him. She embraced him, hugging him tightly.

Sonic: Woah woah woah, what happened?

Jojo: Sonic, you've been at Eggman's base for a week. I've just missed you.

Knuckles had approached behind them.

Knuckles: As have I. By the way, have you ever heard of this character named SpongeBob? He is very interesting! I believe you should watch it with me!

Sonic: That sounds great. But first, where's my cake?

Maddie laughed.

Maddie: I saved some for you.

Sonic: Yay!

Knuckles: I am glad you are back, hedgehog.

Sonic: Glad to be back.

After cake and a few more episodes of SpongeBob, they all went out to the baseball field and played some baseball. But when it was Sonic's turn to play, things all went south.

Sonic stepped up to the home base. Normal. The ball was thrown by Knuckles. Normal. Sonic hit the ball pretty far. Normal.