Chapter 13

Woah finally 😁 I'm still on break though.

This is a shorter story. You'll see why in the next three or so chapters!

At Eggman's base, Tom and the others were running though metal hallways, trying not to make noise, though failing. Their shoes it hit the floor with a clang that echoed through the halls. Security cameras were pointed straight at them, showing Eggman exactly where they were. Eggman sent robots to them, but it was a useless move, as Knuckles easily took care of them.

Knuckles: How much longer is his base!?

They had been running for a few minutes now. Finally, they got to a huge open area. Tails was running past them and suddenly stopped.

Tails: YOU!? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT!?

Knuckles: Woah. No need to be so angry.

Tails: I'm pretty pissed right now buddy, don't talk to me.

Knuckles: I get it you loved him but he doesn't love you back! You gotta get over that!

Tails: WRONG. I STILL LOVE HIM. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY BUT HE WOULD BE BETTER. OF. DEAD.

Knuckles: You still love him?-

Tails: YES! NO! I DON'T KNOW!?

And with that, Tails collapsed to the floor right in front for everyone to see. He was crying and had pulled himself into a little ball, his tails rapping around his body. Everyone did feel a little bit sorry for the two tailed fox.

Knuckles: I'm... Sorry..

Tails: Yeah right.

Tails got up and flew away.

Knuckles: What if Sonic did love him?

Tom: I don't think so..

Knuckles sighed.

Knuckles: Let's keep going.

They ran around the base again and discovered a big open room.

Knuckles: Are we going in circles?

Randall: We might be.

Tom: Let's go this way.

Everyone followed him and turned a corner to see a big open door, with Stone laying in a pile of his own blood. Maddie covered her mouth to try and muffle a scream.

Knuckles: We need to go in that door. Now.

Maddie: What if whatever did that is in there though!?

Rachel: Only one way to find out.

Everyone walked through the room with the glowing tubes. They got to the fork.

Knuckles: Let's split up.

Maddie nodded. Knuckles, Tom, and Randall went through the left tunnel. Rachel and Maddie went to the right corridor. They regrouped shortly after to share their findings.

Tom: We found nothing. It was just a bunch of storage.

Maddie: Ours was another one of those tubes, empty like the rest.

They left the corridor room. Little did they know, someone was in that room. Someone who had been ordered to kill Sonic. And this group would lead them right to him...