Chapter 15

Swearing
BL

Miles woke at the sound of Eggman screaming through the halls. His eyes fluttered open and he saw Shadow wasn't in the room. Miles yawned as he started his day. He got showered and then he changed. A sigh escaped from his mouth.

Miles: Shut up, will ya?

His face showed displeasure. It wasn't fun to wake up to loud noises. He walked down to his office area, which had recently been installed.

Miles: Oh, so that's where you've been.

Shadow: Good morning.

Miles walked over to grab his morning tea, as he wasn't a fan of coffee and could never understand people's want for it. Shadow was a coffee drinker, on the other hand, and he was currently finishing off his second cup.

Miles: What woke you up?

Shadow: I rise at the crack of dawn.

Miles looked over and raised an eyebrow. His bags under his eyes were a sign of needing more sleep, but he couldn't get it due to Eggman's horrid screehes.

Miles: That's nice, I guess. What's Egghead screeching about?

Shadow: Dr. Eggman is worried about Stone.

Miles: Pfft. That's cute.

Eggman: NO IT'S NOT RODENT.

Miles: WHATEVER YOU SAY BOSSMAN!

Miles blew away a hair falling over his face. He took a sip off his now finished tea as Shadow began making another cup. Miles leaned against the edge of the marble counter top. He yawned.

Shadow: He's cute when he's sleepy.

Miles: I know you're thinking about me.

He took another sip. Shadow's coffee had finished and he took it out.

Shadow: What? No I'm not.

Shadow looked to the left, avoiding eye contact, but then realized that was probably suspicious. He started straight at Miles.

Miles: What's your deal.

Shadow: Just high on coffee I guess.

Miles sipped more tea.

Miles: You're lying, and we both know it. But, you obviously don't want to tell me. And I don't feel like being stubborn today, so I'm going to stop pestering you about it for now. Don't think I'll forget about it though.

Shadow nodded.

x_X_x

Stone: So, you're Shadow huh?

Stone sat in Eggman's chair, as Shadow sat in an extra one.

Shadow: You allowed to sit there?

Stone: Yeah.

Shadow: Sounds a bit fake.

Stone: Well it is, so believe it or I'll tell Miles you like him.

Shadow: Don't you dare.

Stone: I do dare.

Shadow: Ugh- fuck you.

Stone smirked.

Stone: So, what do you see in that fox anyway. He doesn't seem to like you back.

Shadow: I don't like him, first of all.

Stone: That's bluff.

Shadow: Shut up.

Stone: Just answer the question.

Shadow: Fine. He's hot okay?

Stone held back a laugh.

Stone: That emo?

Shadow: Not like Eggman is better. Where is he anyway? Shouldn't you be praising the ground he's walking on?

Stone: Why you-!?

Shadow: jUsT aNsWeR tHe QuEsTiOn

Stone: He's taking a shower. I wouldn't want to disturb him.

Shadow: You're dating, I see no problem with you going in there with him.

Stone: WE'RE NOT DATING

Miles: Then when's it gonna happen?

Shadow: How much did you hear?

Miles: Enough to know that you two are fighting over whether me or Eggman is better. I'd say it's me, personally.

Shadow: Oh uh.

Shadow: That's wonderful.

Stone looked at Shadow.

Shadow: Did you hear anything else?

Miles: No?

Shadow calmed down hearing this.

Shadow: That's good.

Miles: The fuck are you hiding from me?

Eggman: STONE!!

Stone: Coming sir!

Stone stood up and walked out of the room. Miles's gaze followed him. When he looked back at Shadow, he was gone.

Miles sighed.

Miles: Stupid bastard.

x_X_x

The sun rose right into Sonic's eyes, waking him from his sleep. He grumbled and slowly turned around, facing away from the light, his eyes still closed. He fluttered them open and saw a red echidna a few inches away from his face. Sonic turned as red as Knuckles's fur. He slowly moved away and sat up from his bed. He tried to remember what had happened yesterday.

Sonic: Right. That.

His face heated up. Sonic stood up and tried to brush the feeling away. He grabbed a seafoam blue hoodie he had gotten from his mom and pulled it over his head. It was a bit big on him, but he didn't mind. He walked to the wooden ladder and saw his dad sitting on the couch.

Sonic: Morning dad.

Tom: Hey! I'm so glad you're up, I have some really important news for you!

Sonic looked up curiously.

Tom: Maddie, bring her in!

Sonic heard Maddie's footsteps, along with smaller, more quiet steps. He began to grow a bit nervous.

Maddie: Sonic, someone showed up at our door this morning, and I have a feeling you two have met before!

Maddie walked out. Whoever it was seemed to be shy. Finally, they stepped out. They stared at Sonic in shock.

Amy: Sonic! It's really you!