ONE

ONE

Josephine Rankin awoke to her annoyingly loud alarm.

She hadn't slept well at all, so her reaction of throwing her alarm across the room seemed fair due to its unnecessarily loud volume.

However, it still didn't turn the blaring alarm off, infuriating her, making her turn on to her stomach and pull a pillow over the top of her head to hopefully muffle the sound.

She could only pretend like it was working for so long, until she started to develop a headache in her temple, forcing her to get up to turn it off.

She arose from her bed, throwing the clean white linen from off her body to stand to her feet, immediately feeling the coldness from the cold and hard tiles that laid throughout her house.

She hurried herself towards the alarm on the opposite side of the room, crouching so that she could pick it up and disable the ear piercing sound leaking out of it.

As soon as the sound stopped, she sighed in relief, well, that was before she glanced at the time and realised that she would be soon running late for a photoshoot all whilst she would have to navigate her way through the morning rush hour traffic, something which irritated her so much.

Sometimes, she wondered why she lived in Perth.

"Shit, shit, shit." Josephine cursed as she was forced to run to her dressing room, her feet freezing on the cold tiles sending shivers through her body.

She grabbed at the things she needed before she ran in to the bathroom and immediately rid herself of her bed clothes before jumping in to the shower to refresh herself and make her look like she hadn't just woken up.

She scrubbed her body with her favorite body wash, which was a mix of strawberries and raspberries, before washing her hair with coconut scented shampoo and conditioner.

She knew her time was limited, so as soon as she exited the shower, she patted her body dry with a towel and pulled on some comfortable clothes, knowing that she would be allowed time to change in to whatever outfit it was that they had decided for her to wear.

Her hair was quickly brushed through with a comb and left to dry naturally and she packed the essential makeup items that would be needed for her makeup artist, in a makeup bag.

Her teeth were brushed, her perfume was sprayed, her handbag was grabbed and as she rapidly pulled her shoes on to her feet, she was forced to run back to her bedroom to recover her phone that was still had its cable in the charging dock.

"I'm going to be so late." The model whispered to herself as she locked the front door to her house before heading as quickly as she could to her car.

Her car was soon on the road and speeding towards the location of the photoshoot, just outside of Perth until the infamous red lights of cars tail lights appeared in her view.

She had no other option but to stay in the traffic jam that was in front of her, and now filling up the road behind her too.

She chewed on her bottom lip as she queued for at least an hour, barely moving and found herself growing agitated.

She had always struggled with becoming agitated when she was stuck in traffic, and it hurt thinking about it because she knew that the person who always calmed her down whilst in traffic queues like this one, was now an angel in heaven since they had been tragically killed doing their job.

It was almost four years since his death, five years since his crash in Japan, and she missed him every day.

She missed his smile, his voice, his ability to calm her down just by looking at her. She missed him.

She knew that her chances of finding love after him was slim to none, since nobody ever made her as happy as he had, made her smile as he had, made her love like he had, but it was okay.

Because she didn't want it, if she didn't feel what she felt with him.

She was going to be okay, without it because she had her memories of him and that was enough for her to never want to love again.

"I am so sorry, I got stuck in really bad traffic." Josephine spoke as she rushed in to the modelling agency room where the photoshoot had been set up.

"We knew that it would happen to you, our male model is having the same issues coming, he's on his way." Her boss, Sandra smiled at her with a reassuring smile.

Sandra knew about the pressure that the model placed on herself, the little sleep she got of which was not good when she did get it, the little food she ate since she hadn't had an appetite in four years.

She had seen Josephine rise in the model world, becoming a well known celebrity within years due to her professionalism and talent.

It made her proud knowing how far she had come from the small time country girl who started modelling at the age of twelve so that she could raise enough money to pay her parents bills off and allow them a pot of money to use for their retirement.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, the traffic wa-"

"A nightmare?" Josephine finished his sentence off with a smile, taking in the man before her who looked familiar to her.

"Yeah, I presume that you were delayed too?" The man smiled at the woman who he had instantly recognised as the famous and super successful model that was Josephine Rankin.

"Of course I was. Traffic like that delays everyone unless you're superman." She smiled softly at him, holding her hand out to him to offer a handshake.

"My name is Josephine, but you can call me Josie, it's a pleasure to get to work with you, Sir." She spoke with manners, seeing his face light up in to a bright smile.

"Please, no need to call me 'Sir', my name is Lewis." Lewis Hamilton introduced himself, taking her hand and shaking it lightly.

He noticed how polite and sweet she seemed, as if she was the most genuine and caring person in the world.

She was already reminding him of a golden retriever.

"I can show you the ropes of what we're doing if you like?" She offered to the man, who wore a shirt with a Mercedes logo on it.

"Oh please, I'm not an expert in this, like you are." Lewis smiled, noticing how her eyes lingered on the Mercedes logo.

"You drive for Mercedes, don't you?" She spoke quietly, as if her voice was failing her. "In Formula One."

Lewis nodded his head with pride. "I do indeed, are you a fan?"

Josephine allowed her shoulder to shrug, before she glanced back at him, seeing him watching her carefully. "I was, kinda. I don't have the time anymore to really keep up with it, but I used to."

Lewis nodded solemly, sensing that there was something that she wasn't telling him, but he refused to force it out of her, since he actually wanted to make friends with the girl.

"I'll speak to Sandra and clear your schedule for a while, because, Josephine Rankin, I Lewis Hamilton hereby invite you to join me at some races.

"Starting with the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne."

____________________________________________________