FIFTEEN

FIFTEEN

"Aunt Josie!"

Charles Leclerc smiled as he noticed his favorite aunt walking out of her apartment, a large bag in her grasp which made the brunette boy raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"Hey Charlie, are you okay?"

Josephine Rankin beamed as she spotted her nephew and godson, wrapping her arms tightly around his frame in a loving hug, her lips pressing softly against the top of his head.

Her brown hair was loose and hanging down her back, having decided to not tie it up even though there was quite a strong wind that meant that pieces of her hair were blowing in to her eyes and her mouth.

She had some white sneakers upon her feet instead of heels, giving her feet a much needed break from the strain of walking in them, and was dressed comfortably up in a pair of mom jeans and an off the shoulder top which was a shade of light blue, a leather jacket over her shoulders to finish the look off.

"I'm good, I just wanted to see if you would like you join some of us for dinner next week?" Charles asked, wanting to ask the question quickly since he could tell that his aunt was supposed to be somewhere.

That somewhere being at the house of Formula One driver, Daniel Ricciardo, since he had left his apartment to stand outside waiting for her, so he ended up being in clear view of the Monégasque.

"That sounds great, mon chou chou." Josephine smiled with one of the brightest smiles that he had ever seen upon her beautiful face, making him feel like his godfather would be proud of her for making such progress.

She nudged his cheek with her hand lightly, pressing a kiss to his temple which made the Leclerc boy wrap his arms around her once more before finally letting her go.

"I'll let you go and spend some time with Daniel, I can see that he's waiting patiently for you." Charles giggled, his eyebrows wiggling up and down as he noticed her turn around briefly to smile at the Australian.

It was no secret that she had been spending a lot of time now with Daniel, he had helped her heal a lot and accept that Jules was gone, working with her to find ways to move on and live her life the way that Jules would have wanted her to do.

It was difficult but she had Daniel to help her and she would be forever grateful for it and for him.

"If you even try to to tease me, young man, I will forever side with Arthur in your disagreements." The Rankin woman raised one of her eyebrows at the boy, seeing his grin light up his face.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry." Charles grinned, lightly kissing the both of her cheeks. "Go and have fun, I'll come by and visit you later to find out all about it."

Charles quickly ran away from his aunt, laughing as he heard her voice shout after him.

"Don't you dare go and gossip to Pierre or you're grounded!"

Daniel Ricciardo raised an eyebrow in amusement as his Josie walked towards him with a bag in her grasp that he immediately took a hold of, hearing her mutter something underneath her breath as he did so which made the man chuckle.

The pair walked in to his apartment together, laughing at how Charles had almost definitely gone to gossip with Pierre, but that was nothing new and was definitely a regular occurrence.

Her leather jacket was taken off her shoulders by the Ricciardo man as she removed her sneakers, the jacket being gently placed on the coat stand whereas her shoes were just kicked out of the way like they always were.

"Charles is a little shit."

Josephine smiled as she walked comfortably around the apartment of the Formula One driver, hearing Daniel laugh along with her, having obviously agreed with her words.