SIX

SIX

"Aunt Josie!"

A teenage Charles Leclerc grinned at the sight of his godfathers girlfriend, because despite only meeting her once before, he found that he really liked the woman.

"Hey little man who isn't so little!" Josephine Rankin giggled as she ran at the teenage boy, lifting him up slightly as she wrapped her arms around the boy.

Charles blushed slightly as she pressed a kiss to his forehead, using her hands to squeeze his cheeks.

"I'm sixteen." Charles released a quiet giggle, bringing his shoulders up to his ears as he grinned at the woman, whilst his godfather stood a little bit away from them, watching them closely.

"You'll be fifty soon enough." Josephine giggled, a feeling of happiness forming in her heart as the young Leclerc wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tight.

"And you'll still be the best Auntie ever." Charles smiled, since he knew that the woman had spent thousands of Australian dollars on a fancy camera for him for his birthday since he had wanted to take some good photos whilst he was at racing weekends.

He had already set it up and had been using it, which meant that he could see the high quality pictures that filled him with happiness.

"And you'll still be my favorite nephew."

Jules Bianchi watched the two of them interact with each other, and noticed the proud smile that his godson gave the Rankin woman when showing her the photos that he had taken with the camera.

He also was very well aware that his girlfriend was already planning the boys Christmas present, which was going to be a series of concert tickets to see Coldplay, which included front row tickets and backstage passes to meet them.

"When you have children, can I be their godfather like Jules is to me?" Charles smiled gently, hoping that she would agree because he had always wanted to be a godfather.

"Of course you can, buddy." Josephine lifted one of her hands up to ruffle the boys brown locks, before gently nudging his cheek.

Charles grinned at his godfather as the Rankin woman pressed a gentle kiss to the top of his head, seeing the Bianchi man shooting him a wink.

"And you'll do a great job."

____________________________________________________

"Josie."

Esteban Ocon smiled as he walked up to his good friend, with a bottle of water in his hand, since he had invited her to go for a run with him, and much to his surprise, she had accepted.

"What?" Josephine Rankin laughed as she was ahead of the French man, since he had slowed down to a walk.

He obviously hadn't expected her to be able to run like she had, since she was quite skinny and scrawny.

She never used to be, but grief had changed that drastically.

"When did you start running for hours?" Esteban laughed, because whilst he was used to his difficult workouts, he had never been able to run for hours without slowing down like she had.

"I used to join Jules with his workouts. I never stopped doing them, it just helps clear my head a bit." Josephine halted, allowing the Ocon man to catch up to her.

"Did you need it today?" Esteban gave the woman a sad smile, since he was aware that the woman often had high and low days.

"Kinda. I had a rough night sleep last night, so I guess this is helping me just clear my mind." Josephine held her hand out as her friend caught up to her, giving him a small high five.

Esteban grinned at the look of excitement and happiness as he accepted the high five, and despite their sweat filled bodies, pulled her in to a gentle hug, hearing her laughter.

"Shall we head back? I can pay for dinner if you want to get something to eat." Esteban wrapped his arm around her shoulder as she nodded her head up and down, though the two of them decided to walk this time, instead of running.

Josephine glanced out of the corner of her eye as they walked, seeing the smile that coated her friends features and figured that she was incredibly lucky to have a friend like Esteban.

One who was so nice, sweet and understanding with her, and didn't get offended if she cancelled their plans with very late notice due to how she was feeling.

One that would literally go shopping with her and carry of all many bags if she asked him to, or if she struggled carrying them.

One that didn't mind being woken up in the middle of the night for a video call because she had suffered a bad nightmare whilst asleep.

She didn't know what she would do without him.

"I'll pay for dessert."

____________________________________________________

"Hey Josie."

"Hey Lew."

Lewis Hamilton gently hugged his friend as she held a bottle of water in her hand, with the two of them once again having to do a photoshoot together.

Josephine released a small squeal as she noticed the small gift bag that the Hamilton man held his hand out to her, a sheepish grin on his face.

"Somebody told me to give you this when I next saw you, so here you are." Lewis smiled as the woman slowly accepted the gift bag, which was the color of baby pink, though whatever was inside was carefully wrapped up in red wrapping paper.

The Rankin woman slowly removed the gift from the gift bag, gently tearing the wrapping paper to reveal a black velvet box with a silver lock in the shape of a love heart.

There was a small silver key, which she gently clasped in her shaking hands to open it, lifting the lid to see a necklace that held a lot of small diamonds.

There was a small card too, inside of the box, written in a handwriting that she recognised, due to the fact that she had seen the person's writing whilst she was visiting them.

"This was a gift that Jules wanted you to have. I forgot about it, but figured that you needed to have it."

Her blue eyes were glued to the writing that was a name, scrawled out on the bottom of the card, making a soft smile coat her features.

"Thinking of you, love Danny.❤️"

____________________________________________________

A/N

almightyhotch requested this update, so everybody thank Sara for this :-)

What do you all think?

Please do check out all of my other books, because I feel like they deserve some love and some comments

Please also check out my meet my ocs book, called Calmness of the mind. I have yet to add all of my characters yet, because I have so many, but please check out the ones that I have done!

Anyway, I hope that you all enjoy this chapter and I'll see you all soon for the next one

I'm so proud of all of you, my loves

Love you all,

-RUBY