TWO

TWO

Josephine Rankin was in Melbourne.

The feeling of nausea was building in the back of her throat at the thought of going to a race, knowing that he wouldn't be there, but she had promised Lewis that she would attend.

She was slightly excited to get to see the world of racing once again, but she knew that it would bring back memories.

She would just have to face it.

In the time since the photoshoot where she met Lewis Hamilton, the pair had been speaking by text for quite a few days.

He had even organised for her to be a guest at Mercedes, and had cleared it with his team principal Toto for her to be allowed to listen in to his radio during the race.

"Hello there, my name is Angela. Lewis sent me to collect you, I presume that you are Josephine?"

A blonde haired woman smiled gently at the beautiful woman before her, seeing the brunette wringing her hands together as she became nervous.

"Uh, yes I am." Josephine smiled back at the woman. "Nice to meet you, ma'am."

"Please, no need to call me that, honey. Angela will be fine." Angela Cullen shook hands with the model, finding the woman incredibly polite.

As Josephine was being led to the Mercedes garage, another man came running up to her, recognising her immediately.

"Jospehine!"

Josephine's eyes widened at the face of the man quickly approaching her.

"Sebastian?"

Angela looked on confused as the two interacted, with the Vettel man pulling her gently in to a hug.

"It's so good to see you! What brings you back to Formula One?" Sebastian smiled at the woman who he used to care for, seeing how she was practically exactly the same.

"Uh, Lewis invited me actually." Josephine admitted with a small smile, seeing the German man's eyes widen slightly.

"Oh." Sebastian nodded slowly. "Are you two-?"

"No, no definitely not." The model couldn't help but laugh, shaking her head.

Sebastian's cheeks tinged pink slightly. "Oh, I'm sorry. How are you doing, you know, after Ju-"

Josephine couldn't stop the sad smile that formed on her face as the German mentioned him. She didn't really want to talk about it.

"I'm alive so there's that." Sebastian's face filled with sorrow at the heartbroken look on her face. "I'm just living my life how he would want to me to, I guess."

The German nodded as he listened to her words. "Look, if you want to catch up, maybe grab a coffee, you know where I am. I still really care about you, you know that."

Josephine just smiled at him, as he received a look that was familiar with him, all too well.

"I think we both know that it's not a good idea to do that. It was lovely to see you, but I've got to go." Josephine gently kissed his cheek before heading to the Mercedes garage, leaving the German man to go back to his garage.

He was incredibly surprised to have seen her at a race in the first place, since he knew that she practically avoided everything to do with motorsport and Formula One, since the death of Jules Bianchi.

He did still care for her deeply, since the pair were romantically involved before she got with Jules, and whilst he hoped that they could rekindle what they had, he realised that she was not ready.