EIGHT

EIGHT

"How is my favorite Rankin?"

Lewis Hamilton grinned as he approached the woman that he considered to be one of his best friend's, watching as she turned around at the sound of his voice.

"Sleep deprived."

Josephine Rankin smiled sadly at the Mercedes driver, noticing how his face filled with a sad look which was full of sympathy and upset as he took note of how bloodshot her eyes were.

"Do you need a hug?" Lewis questioned as he held his arms out open, just in case that she would step in to them if she was needing it.

Tears immediately began to fill up in the eyes of the Australian as her head slowly moved up and down a couple of times, before she stepped in to his arms, practically melting in to them.

The arms of the Hamilton man immediately wrapped around her shoulders as her own went to his waist, finding comfort from within the hug that she knew that she had desperately needed.

"Hey Lew- oh."

Sebastian Vettel halted in his steps as his eyes found the two figures of Lewis and Josephine tangled together in a hug, making his chest deflate slightly.

"Hey Seb, what's up?"

Lewis smiled as he turned his head to the Vettel man, not releasing the Rankin woman from the hug because he knew that she was needing it.

"I, uh, came to see you but if you and Josie are, uh busy, then I can go and come back another time." The Vettel man forced a smile at the sight of the two of them together as he allowed his mind to wander.

Were they dating?

Had they been dating and trying to keep it a secret from his in an attempt to not hurt him?

"I'm okay." Josephine pulled away from the hug sadly, using her hands to wipe at the tears that filled her eyes and dampened her cheeks. "I'll leave you both to whatever you're doing."

The model attempted to walk away from the two of them, but found that she couldn't since a gentle hand grabbed at her wrist.

"Hey, you're crying, what happened?" Sebastian furrowed his eyebrows together sadly as he took in her red eyes, damp cheeks and trembling bottom lip, the sight of which made his heart ache.

"Nothing, I'm okay." Josephine gave him a small smile, gently removing herself from his grip before stepping away from him and walking away so that he could not ask her any more questions.

Sebastian turned his head back towards the Hamilton man, watching as he too had watched her leave before he met the icy blue eyes of the German.

"She's not been sleeping, that's all." Lewis informed the Vettel man in an attempt to make his friend less worried about the woman.

"Oh, I presume that you've tried everything to help her get to sleep? Lavender, a hot bath, cuddles?"

"Cuddles? I've recommended the others but I can't exactly recommend that when she sleeps alone, can I?" Lewis chuckled, shaking his head from side to side.

"So, you're not dating her?"

"Of course not! She's my friend." Lewis frowned as he noticed the deep sigh of relief leaving the chest of the German. "Last time I checked, she's single, but she's not ready so don't even think about it."

Sebastian shrugged his shoulders nonchantly, whilst his head moved up and down a couple of times. "I know, it doesn't mean that I can't still have feelings for her."