25

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun." Dustin explained to Steve and Robin after Eddie and him had finished their stakeout, "Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." 

"But there's got to be a way in." Robin mumbled while kicking a bucket of ice cream out of Dart's way so he could stop eating them out of stock. 

"Well, you know... I could just take him out." Steve suggested to them. There was a moment of silence before Eddie and Dustin burst out laughing (even Dart made a sound similar to laughter). 

"What? What so funny?"  Steve asked them shooting his hands in the air. 

"Please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually... won a fight?" Dustin asked Steve. Steve rolled his eyes. 

"Okay that was one time..." 

"Three times. You not only got your ass whooped by Jonathan but also Lizzy." Dustin reminded him. 

"Wait? Lizzy beat up Steve here." Robin asked them. 

"It was totally brutal, man! He was down within seconds!" Eddie chuckled to Robin.

"SHE HAD A BAT! Why does that not click with you people? She snuck up behind me and she used a bat!" Steve reminded them. 

"That's not even mentioning the many, many times Steve got his ass shoved to the ground by Billy when they were practicing for basketball." Eddie brought up. 

"Seriously, guys! I'm not that useless!" Steve shouted at them. Eddie, Dustin, and Steve proceeded to battle about the whole thing when Robin's eyes shot over to look at the vents. 

"That just might work." She whispered before hopping from her chair and made her way to the front. She grabbed as much of the tip money she could get and made a bee-line out of the store. 

"Robin? Hey, Robin! Hey, what-- what are you doing?" Steve called up as he, Eddie, Dustin and Dart jogged out of the back room. 

"I need cash." 

"Well, half of that's mine. Where're you going?" 

"To find a way into that room, a safe way. And, in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave and don't get beat up. I'll be back in a jiff." Robin told them before running out of the mall. Steve sigh, shaking his head before turning to find Eddie, Dustin and Dart licking the scoopers of the ice cream.

"Oh, dudes! Come on, man, not my scooper." he said, grabbing hold of Eddie's and Dustin's scoopers. He would have grabbed the scooper out of Dart's mouth, but he kind of preferred keeping his hand. 

"You never complained about me licking your scooper before, Big Boy!" Eddie shot at him, getting real close in Steve's personal space before heading to the back. Steve rolled his eyes while he motioned for them to the back room. 

"What did Eddie mean by--" Dustin started when Steve cut him off. 

"No-- no-- just... no!" 

Will had finished explaining to the group about this strange feeling he had been dealing with all that was happening. 

"What does it feel like?" Max asked him. 

"It's almost like... you know when you drop on a roller coaster?" 

"sure." Mike said. 

"Yeah," Max agreed. 

"No." El stated. 

"It's like... everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but... this is worse. your body... it goes cold and-- and you can't breathe. I've felt it before, whenever her was close." Will explained to El. 

"Whenever who was close?" Max asked. 

"The Mind Flayer." 

"I closed the gate." El reminded them. 

"I know, but.. what if he never left? What if we locked him out here with us?" Will suggested to them. Will then proceeded to explain how the Mind Flayer had attached part of itself into Will, which when his mother had gotten it out, even though El may of closed the gate, that small part of the Mind Flayer might have been still in Hawkins. 

"And he'll want to attach to someone else. A new me." Will finished his story. 

"How can you tell if someone's a host?" El asked. 

*Small time skip* 

The group had made their way to Max's and Billy's house where they found Neil's car in the driveway. Through a pair of binoculars, they could see Neil laying on his bed with his feet fully engulfed in buckets of ice with a lot of fans blowing on him. 

"Okay that is weird." Max admitted to them. 

"We have to be sure he is a host." Mike suggested. 

"And how do you want to do that?" Max asked them, "I mean we can't very well ask him about it?" 

"Doesn't the public pool have a sauna? What if we take him there?" Will suggested to them. 

"And how are we going to get Neil from our house to the public pool into the sauna?" Max asked them. 

"Where's Lizzy and Billy? Maybe they can help." Lucas mentioned. 

"We tried calling them before we got to your house. No one's home... or they're busy doing other things." Max explained to them. 

"Well we're going to have to figure out something. Because we can't wait till the Mind Flayer activates him. He could hurt someone or worst." Will reminded them. 

"Wait! The Mind Flayer likes to hide and in order to hide, he'll have to play a role in order appear normal." Mike reminded them, "What if we say Billy's hurt and needs Neil right away?" 

"One problem. Neil doesn't really care for Billy... in fact, Neil hates him." Max admitted, "That's why for so long Billy's made my life a living hell. Since he couldn't take his anger out on his dad, he took it out on me. Since-- he was upset that neither my Mom or me got beaten up as much as him." 

"But does the Mind Flayer know that?" Mike asked them. 

"I wouldn't be surprised if it did." Will concluded. 

"Then we'll also say Max's hurt." Mike suggested to them, "But either way, it's the only plan we got."