79

"Is this legal?" Max asked while she held the gun down while Nancy proceeded to saw off the end. Once everyone had been gathered back around and shoved into the trailer they proceeded to make their way into a clearing where they began making their weapons to fight Vecna. They all separated into different groups, doing their own thing (except for Lizzy, who was resting and saving up her energy for tonight.)

"Actually, I think it's a felony." Nancy claimed before she slammed down on the end of the barrel, "But it guarantees one thing. I won't miss." 

"Do you think Billy would allow Lizzy to go with my Mom now? You know, after the scare of might having lost the baby?" Max asked, her eyes looming over to where Billy was helping Erica and Lucas build the spears. 

"I don't know, Max. But to be honest, I wouldn't be surprise if Billy is completely against it now." Nancy admitted to her. 

"I hate being in the middle." Max mumbled, "On one side, I want Lizzy to go in with my Mom so she has back up to fight against Vecna... but at the same time... I honestly thought I lost my nephew or niece back there and it freaked me out and there's also a possible outcome Lizzy might not make it out of this either. And I want Billy to finally be happy in his life and I know if he loses both Lizzy and his kid... he'll go back to being an asshole with a high chance he's not going to be able to change back and I couldn't really blame him if he did. I would too if I lost both my kid and husband." 

"I understand why you're upset. In the end, Lizzy has to decide what she wants to do... even if it's not what Billy wants." Nancy explained while she held the gun out in front of her to get a feel of it. 

"How's it feel?" Dustin asked while Eddie tried their nailed shield. 

"Light and durable... deadly but reliable." Eddie said while moving it around. Dustin chuckled to himself. 

"Hear me now," Eddie said, dramatically, "There will be no more retreating... from Eddie the Banished." 

"Hey, you're really ready for bat-tle." Dustin said before laughing uncontrollably, "You get it?" 

 Eddie looked at him unamused. 

"Bat-tle... b-a-t." Dustin tried to explained but Eddie still wasn't getting it, "No? I thought that was a good one--" 

Dustin gasped when Eddie surprised him by tackling him. For a few moments they fooled around with each other, laughing like goofballs. Eddie then wrapped his arms around Dustin's shoulders and made Dustin look Eddie in the end. 

"Never change, Dustin Henderson. Promise me?" Eddie asked him. 

"Wasn't planning on it." Dustin claimed to him. Eddie smiled and nodded his head. 

"Hey guys," their moment was ruined when Steve came walking up to them with a box of nails, "You left this in the trailer." 

Dustin's eyes darted between Eddie and Steve as Steve handed the box to Dustin. 

"Thanks man-- I-I'm going to check up on Sinclair." Eddie said while walking towards Lucas and Erica. 

"Did I say something wrong?" Steve asked. 

"I think it's what you're not saying to him that's bothering him." Dustin claimed. 

"What?" Steve asked. Dustin rolled his eyes. 

"Steve-- Eddie loves you. That's a fact. But you keep pushing Eddie away because you don't understand your own feelings towards him. It's hurting Eddie, because he keeps getting mixed messages from you. One moment you're telling him you can't live without him and the next thing is you don't want to show him affection... then you go back around again. If you're not going to admit to Eddie you're in love with him, do you mind explaining to him where he stands so then he can figure out if he wants to move on or not?" Dustin asked him.