57

A/n: This chapter contains violence. You have been warned. 

"Hey, Henderson?" Steve asked. 

"Yeah?" Dustin asked while they entered in one of the upstair's rooms. 

"Could you maybe clarify what sort of clues we're supposed to be looking for here?" Steve asked, completely unsure what it was they were even looking for. It could literally be anything in there. 

"The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." Dustin said with a British accent with a hint of mockery in his tone. Eddie roughly clapped his hands together. 

"Oh! Oh! I got this one! I got this one! Sherlock Holmes?" Eddie asked, nervously grinning. 

"You are correct sir." Dustin said while he went walking into the other room. Eddie chuckled while doing a little dance of success. Steve rolled his eyes at the two goofballs. 

"That's great. Thanks. That's great. Really helpful... you two." Steve said, feeling dumber by the minute around the two of them, while he walked over to where an air vent was. He opened it up before reaching down and pulling out a strange mason jar. Steve shined the flashlight onto it, looking at the twigs and leaves inside... and something else, but he couldn't see it. 

"Steve--" 

"What, Eddie?" 

"Don't move." Eddie told him. 

"Why?" Steve asked, feeling that nerve-wrecking tingling sensation running up his spine. He soon felt Eddie lightly brush his hand over his shoulders, causing Steve to glance to the side to see what it was. 

"What? What is it?" Steve asked. 

"Oh! It's nothing to worry about. It was merely a Black Widow, man." Eddie said in the most calm voice Steve ever heard. Steve's eyes widened. 

"WHAT?" Steve shouted, dropping the jar onto the ground. He began to violently brush himself off, trying to make sure there weren't anymore spiders crawling over him. 

"Relax, man! It's gone! It's gone! I swear it's gone!" Eddie shouted at him. Steve shot a glare over at Eddie. 

"Relax? RELAX! Eddie I just had one of the most venomous spiders on me and you're telling me to relax! You have lost whatever sense of sanity you have left in your tiny brain!" Steve screamed at him, brushing his hands through his hair to ensure there weren't spiders crawling around his hair. 

"Steve! Steve!" Eddie said grabbing Steve's shoulders, making Steve look at him, "It's gone--- I swear to you, it's gone! You... have... nothing... to... worry... about... You are okay! You are safe!" 

For a moment, neither of them said a thing as they just stare into each other's eyes. The world around them had seemed to melt away, all their problems vanished from their minds. Eddie didn't know what came over himself as he found himself leaning forward, his lips almost about to capture Steve's lips with his when Steve pulled away from Eddie's grip. Steve cleared his throat. 

"Um-- maybe-- maybe we should keep going? Yeah? Yeah..." Steve asked before scurrying off to the next room. 

"Yeah-- yeah, sure man..." Eddie mumbled. He shook his head, bitting his bottom lips while shutting his eyes close. A single tear running down his cheek. 

This can't be happening--- This isn't real--What's going on? SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF HERE! Were Lizzy's thoughts when her eyes landed on a place she didn't think she would ever see again. Lizzy didn't know what happened. One moment she was walking into what she thought was the kitchen when the next thing she knew she was entering the Rainbow Room. Lizzy stood in the midst of the room, her eyes gazing over all the children who were going about their business. 

"Well, well," Lizzy jumped as she turned to see Henry walking up towards her, "Look who finally decided to join us." 

Lizzy's hands tightened into fists. 

"No more games, Henry!" Lizzy spat at him. Henry's eyes narrowed. 

"What? What are you talking about?" he asked, taking a few steps towards her. Lizzy pointed at Henry, glaring him with locked eyes. 

"You know perfectly well what I'm talking about, you miserable, yellow-bellied bastard! You think you can hide in your little den of horrors while you go around hurting and killing me and my friends and my family, you think again! Your days of tormenting Hawkins is over!" Lizzy shouted at him. 

"I think there's some--" Henry started to say till Lizzy shot her arm out, causing him to slam into the wall. Henry attempted to get up but Lizzy shot her arm in a downward motion, causing Henry to slam against the floor repeatedly before she throw him to the side. Lizzy stormed over to Henry grabbing a fistful of his hair with one hand before gripping his throat in the other. Lizzy began to slowly tighten her hand around his throat as she stared into his eyes as they were getting wider... and wider with terror. 

"LIZZY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" 

Her head shot up as she saw Billy, Max, Lucas and Erica standing in the doorway. Lizzy shook her head as her eyes shot around the room. Instead of the Rainbow Room, she was back in the kitchen of the Creel's house. Tears streamed down her face as she slowly peered down. Instead of finding Henry in her grasp, her hands held Jason's neck as he was violently shaking in her grasped. Lizzy released her hold on him, his body collapsed to the floor, while Max, Lucas, and Erica rushed to his side. Lizzy scurried away, staring horrified at her hands while she shook her head. 

"It-- It was Henry-- I could have sworn-- It was Henry---" Lizzy cried, her lips quivered while she was gasping for air, "It was Henry! I swear it was Henry! I-- I didn't-- I wasn't here! I--- I was in the Rainbow Room! And it--- it was Henry!" 

"Shh--" Billy's voice reached her ears as he walked over to her side, wrapping his arms around her, giving her gentle pecks on the top of her head, "Calm down, it's okay, you're back. You're back. It's going to be okay." 

Lizzy collapsed into his arms, weeping uncontrollably into his chest as she gripped her hands tightly onto his shoulders... feeling like she was finally losing her mind.