31. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘄𝗻𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀

HAYWARD SUCCEEDED. He got exactly what he wanted, and Wanda gave it herself. As soon as Hayward watched the enhanced woman exit the Hex, tossing his drone by his feet, he knew he had won. The chances of Wanda's powers affecting the drone are exactly what Hayward was hoping for, and the woman merely pushed him in the right direction.

     It was the thought of getting closer to a solution that would end the world's greatest fear, and Hayward was going to be the person to reassure the world. Hayward wasn't too worried. A little shove was enough to poke the bear, and it revealed its weak spots once the bear was agitated. Still, Hayward wasn't going to go prancing around, boasting about the destruction of the world's most potent enhanced individuals because even then, one of them was a teenager.

     "I wanna see a full workup inside the hour," demanded Hayward with an authoritative tone.

     That night, Hayward had his men carefully set the drone on the table as he proceeded through the facility with a heavy weight of triumph, determined to see the end of this. He couldn't allow Wanda to continue with the Hex for any longer than she had, holding many individuals hostage, and Hayward knew once Wanda was put down, Eszter would be furious. The young teenager looks small, but Eszter is one hell of an annoying bug that escapes the bottom of your shoe.

     However, while Hayward was ready to finish this once and for all, there was a nagging in the back of his head, hissing out in defiance. Well, Hayward rather it be his conscious fighting with his actions because the voice sounded nothing like his own; instead, the director was being followed by a very angry Monica storming after him with fire in her eyes. Hayward wasn't going to apologize to the woman if that's what she was trying to say because this was a serious matter, and neither of the Maximoff sisters seemed to be stepping down. It was like nobody could see the severity of the situation--nobody being Monica and her little posse. Hayward might've rolled his eyes when Monica couldn't see, not wanting to hear the woman's dismay for something he wouldn't care too much for. He has a job here, and Hayward is damn sure he's going to do it.

     "Hayward," bellowed Monica, following Hayward like a storm ready to create a mess. "Hayward! You cut us off at the knees, sending in that missile."

     Monica was disgusted by Hayward's actions--the man not only tried to kill Wanda but possibly her twins, too. Monica doesn't know precisely how the Hex works, but she knows for a fact that Billy and Tommy are just as real as she; however, Monica doesn't know the complexity of their lives without the Hex, but it doesn't matter right now. To Wanda, Billy and Tommy are as real as they can be, and the woman gave birth to those boys.

     But for Hayward, he doesn't view it that way. Hayward is dead set on picking Wanda as a danger to society, and Eszter is merely a follower, willingly putting her life on the line for her sister. Hayward justifies his elimination of Eszter as a traitor; if she is willing to abandon her deal for a world where everyone is held against their will, then Hayward believes Eszter is just as much the problem as Wanda is. But it was wise to get rid of the two enhanced beings created by terrorists, who pose a threat to the entirety of the world.

     Hayward was getting sick and tired of Monica and her posse trying to derail his mission for a stupid talk that wouldn't work. Stuff like that doesn't work in the real world. No one was ready to face the truth of the danger the Maximoff sisters posed for everyone, and Hayward is making this an example. If Wanda is willing to bring her dead humanoid boyfriend to life, then who says that Eszter wouldn't destroy the world for them to play house?

     "Now we know who we're dealing with," said Hayward, void of emotions.

He wasn't the type to let his emotions cloud his judgment when it came to working; clearly, Hayward knew Monica wasn't meant for this job. He respects the woman but can't stand here and listen to her talk.