You only know you love her if you let her go (elvis)

A/n: this will be based on Elvis! If you have seen the movie then you probably know about Dixie. She was annoying as fuck and was useless and dumb. Like ofc, Elvis can see his mama is upset. In a way, I felt bad that Elvis dumped her because the colonel made him. I always imagine these story's as Austin as Elvis. Also Ik his mom isn't dead at this time In his life but just imagine she is! So, enjoy!

Quick back story: Y/n and Elvis are childhood friends they have been friends since they were 5. They grew up together joined at the hip. Finally, in high school, Elvis asked Y/n out.

You were laying on your floor with your legs up against the wall. You had a fan angled down on your face.

"mama. We can't live like this anymore" you yell

"this heat is killing me alive."

"well that's too darn bad!" she yells back

She rushes into the living room where you lay. She's in her light blue scrubs and has her hair up to save her neck from the heat. Mama became a nurse after your father left to be able to give you somewhat of a good life.

"Help me pack my lunch before my shift please" mama says while trying to fix her hair in the mirror.

You slowly make your way off the floor and walk to the kitchen. You open the fridge to feel a slight cool breeze blow in your face. You stand there for a sec and take it in. you grab out some sandwich fixins. Bread, ham, cheese, lettuce, mayo, mustard and pickles. You whip up a sandwich and put it into her lunch kit.

"it's in your bag on the counter mama" you yell

"thank you honey"

*knock knock knock*

Someone's at the door. Your mama runs to open it and there stands a tall, tan, handsome boy. His hand is leaned against the door frame. He has on a pink and black suit with black and white shoes. His jet-black hair is slicked back except for a couple of strands of hair that fall to the middle of his forehead because there to short. He has black eye liner surrounding his bottom lashes. It's Elvis.

"come on in son" your mama says with her arms wide open. Your mama has a soft spot for Elvis. He gives her a big hug and she kisses his cheek.

"I'm so sorry I can't be there at the hayride to night EP. I had to pick up an extra shift at the hospital to pay off some bills"

You peek your head into the living room to see their cute little moment. Elvis's mom died a couple of months ago so mama has been looking out for Elvis and making sure he's ok.

"Ah shucks don't you worry about it ma'am. I'll make sure Y/n gets home safe"

Elvis was so kind to your mama. And he always knew what to say so she would say yes. She would only let you go to things if Elvis were there.

"oh shit sticks I'm late" she yells

You grab the lunch kit and run to give it to her. You give her a quick kiss on the cheek and she rushes out the door.

"Please don't stay out super late and lock the door when you go out. I won't be home till tomorrow morning so Elvis make sure she gets back home in one piece." She says

"I won't take my eye off her ma'am."

"love you mama"

"love you too darlin' "

She slams the door.

"I think she loves you more than she loves me" you say to Elvis.

Nothing. You stand their in silence. He just stares at the door.