The Day She Lost Her Innocence

It was the last class and the History teacher was giving out notes. Lyra was quite the fast writer and stayed on pace with mam. Lyra was pleased to see the dumbstruck faces of everyone beside her. The chalk was put down and so was Lyra's pen. She laid back to take a breathe and exercised her hands to relieve them from their marathon.

Soon enough, everyone else finished their notes and the teacher had to go on an errand so the class had nothing to do. They were talking about how the History teacher made them sleep peacefully when Lyra heard someone call her name
"LYRAA"
She whipped her head at the volume of the voice, only to see it was James, her fellow classmates whom Eveyln has taken a fancy of. James was being held off by Daniel, who was bright red at the moment, trying to prevent James from talking.
James who was a bit stronger than Daniel, swatted his arm aside and yelled
" Daniel called you a writing beauty"
Of course Lyra was quite innocent and didn't know what that actually meant. But Eve, who fully understood it, was giggling quietly.
Then the bell rung. It saved Daniel from further embarrassment as everyone rushed put of the class.
Near the gallery, Lyra dragged Eve and asked her why was she giggling. Although Eve giggles all the time, this one was different.
" Whats up with you and giggling"
" You seriously didn't understand what Daniel meant did you?" Eve asked, her eyebrow raised.
" No, what did he mean" Lyra asked confused by the scenario.
" He said you are beautiful darls" Eve revealed, grinning like a mad woman.
" Oh ok" Lyra was too shocked to retaliate anything back. It all made awful sense. God she didn't want anyone to crush on her at that moment. It was just too much to handle.
She saw her mother and went to her, bidding bye to Eve who went back to her awkward standing position.