𝑺𝒊𝒙||𝑮𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉

It was a September morning, the weather exceptionally pleasant. Although September is not known for its cold temperatures, today was an exception – perhaps a sign of harmony between the couple?

At six in the morning, the melodic chirping of birds echoed throughout the city. Karachi, being one of Pakistan's largest cities, possessed a unique charm in its construction.

Even at this early hour, the sounds of cars and buses drowned out the birdsong. Rubaab, typically not an early riser, found herself sleepless for the past two nights, haunted by Anabia's words about her parents' untimely demise – a tragedy linked to her decisions.

Nights became a battleground for Rubaab, grappling with guilt. Were her parents the ones eager to meet Karim Shah for some business? Despite knowing the truth, her innocent mind couldn't shake the self-blame. What if she had stopped them? Would they be here with her on her wedding day?

Rubaab's dreams were never grand. Loved by her parents but loathed by her extended family, she merely aspired to a simple married life, mirroring her mother's happiness. However, as the impending nuptials approached, a sense of foreboding gripped her, forcing her to reevaluate her decision repeatedly.

She was not as naive as they perceived. Rubaab understood the lifelong commitment awaiting her. Even on her wedding day, glitches and doubts persisted. Standing before her open window in a night suit, a black shawl draped around her, she sighed as the chilly wind brushed against her face.

The door burst open, and a lively Sana entered, teasing Rubaab about her early awakening on the wedding day.
"Aj to bari jaldi uth gain han, raha nahi jata?" Rubaab, sensing the double entendre, pouted and looked away.

(You woke up quite early, cant wait han)

Seeing Rubaab's distress, Sana's cheerful demeanor faded. "Kya hua" She sat beside Rubaab, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder, inquiring about the cause of her unease. Rubaab, sensitive, started sniffing.

(What happened)

"Darr lag raha hai!" Rubaab confessed in a quiet and frail voice. Sana, almost on the verge of tears herself, asked, "Kis baat ka darr?"

(I am afraid)
(Why)

"Mai sahi kar rahi hun na, Sana?" Rubaab sought reassurance in a vulnerable, child-like tone. Sana, staring at her with concern, responded, "Rubaab, we all know you are very young and shouldn't get married, but it's Arsalan bhai who's going to be your husband! If you are worried about him, you know how amazing a person he is. He's going to be an amazing husband as well."

(Am I doing right?)

"I know! Mujhe pata hai!! Mujhe dar hai ki mujhe to kuch nahi pata hai k kaise rehte hain kisi larke k sath... Mama or baba always happy hua karte the... Agar hum na hue to? Mai kya karungi kisi ko khush karne k lie mujhe nahi pata," Rubaab spoke, her lips forming a pout, revealing her fear of the unknown.

(I know but I dont know how to live with a boy, mama baba used to be happy and I dont know how to make someone happy!)

Hearing Rubaab's concerns, Sana playfully chided her, "Itni si baat? Ye behan kis din kam aayegi? Shohar ko khush karna seekhna hai na? I'll tell you, but don't be scared, okay!" Sana reassured Rubaab, anticipating her emotional response.

(You are worried for nothing, I am here right. I will teach you how to keep husband's happy)

Rubaab nodded, and Sana began explaining some seemingly confusing things, causing Rubaab to blush in embarrassment and fear.

While downstairs, after a light breakfast, preparations for the nikkah were underway. Arsalan's eagerness to expedite the nikkah and delay the rukhsati until Rubaab completed her education showcased his impatience. His gaze couldn't help but linger on her, and his heart carved out a space exclusive to Rubaab.