𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 || 𝑯𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔

It was finally the day of Rabi-ul-Awwal, and an ethereal ambiance enveloped everything. The day itself brought the sensation of floating on the ninth sky. Celebrations filled the air, with people engaging in melad or sharing meals with those in need. Especially in Karachi, the residents were in full force, celebrating the day with their heart and soul!

Rubaab wasn't any less excited; she was going to witness the rallies and milad of Karachi for the first time. Back in Mirpurkhas, her father seldom let her out, making her unfamiliar with such festivities.

The milad's preparation was meticulously handled by caterers, who did an exceptionally good job. The lawn was adorned with white flowers and curtains, creating an elegant atmosphere. Rubaab herself looked stunning in a light green mesoori kurti with golden thread embroidery and mirror work. Paired with a white flare palazzo with green thread embroidery at the end, she radiated grace.

After light makeup and a French braid to combat the heat, she made her way to the lawn. The Naat khwan and guests had arrived, signaling the commencement of the milad. Sitting beside Haseena, she quietly enjoyed the spiritual atmosphere.

The milad continued for about two hours more, culminating in everyone standing up to recite salaam and exchanging greetings. Abruptly, a woman approached Rubaab with a girl of similar age. They exchanged smiles, and the woman asked, "Nam kya hai apka beta?" Rubaab, feeling uncertain as she hadn't met many in Karachi, replied, "Rubaab hai" assuming they were acquaintances her Phuppo knew.

(Whats your name)
(Rubaab)

The women nodded with a smile and asked again "ammi abbu kahan hain, or haseena kon hai apki?"
Rubaab replied hesitantly, "Ammi abbu nahi hain...or wo phuppo hai meri." The woman nodded and left, leaving Rubaab momentarily stunned.

(Where are your parents? And whats haseena for you?)
(I dont have parents and haseena is my aunt)

Mention of her parents left Rubaab in a somber mood; she hadn't thought about them for a while, relying on Arsalan whenever she missed them. Feeling alone amid the festivities, she scanned the crowd for Arsalan, tears welling up. Trying to distract herself proved futile; she stood up, searching for someone else and found Faizan talking with another boy.

Tapping him on the shoulder, she urgently asked, "F-faizan bhai...A-arsalan kahan hain?" He, sensing her desperation, informed her that Arsalan was in his room.

(Faizan, where is arsalan?)

Rushing towards the stairs, Rubaab was halted by another lady, roughly Rimsha's age. Feeling uncomfortable, she reluctantly confirmed her identity, "Rubaab?, jis se Arsalan ne shadi ki hai?" The lady sneered and glanced at another girl, saying, "Lo bhae. Ayesha ye to ye hai... Mujhe laga Arsalan ne kisi or ko chuna hai mujhe reject karne k bad lekin Astagfirullah uski to choice nhi acchi!" Both women laughed, adding insecurities to Rubaab's emotional turmoil.

(So you are rubaab? The one arsalan married?)
(See ayesha, its her for whom he rejected me, I thought it will be a fairy, Astagfirullah  what a choice he has)

Observing the seemingly affluent and stunning women, Rubaab, for the first time, felt the need for reassurance. Sniffing back tears, she decided to endure it, turning away from the desire to seek comfort from Arsalan.

She sniffed, and the tears she had held back now flowed freely. Summoning strength, she decided to endure it. Turning away, even though the desire to seek comfort from Arsalan lingered, she resisted. Instead, she approached Haseena, engrossed in conversation with elderly women, and stood beside them. Haseena greeted her with a warm smile, reciprocated by Rubaab.

"Ye rahi... tum pooch rahi thi na mere Arsalan ki dulhan ka... ye hai," Haseena introduced her to the women. Despite the smile on her face and her graceful appearance, seeing Rubaab, she concealed her emotions with a shocked expression, causing Rubaab's heart to crack a little more. Not wanting to hear any implication that she wasn't suitable for Arsalan, Rubaab excused herself and found solace somewhere away from prying eyes..

(Here she is, you were asking about my son's wife)

After Rubaab left, the women turned to Haseena, expressing admiration, "Mashallah, kitne piyari hai... mai bata rahi hun Arsalan khush naseeb hai jo itni piyari larki mili hai... Mere pote ko dekho, kitna bara hai or kitna acha dikhta hai lekin usko to abhi tak koi nhi mili." Haseena laughed and agreed, "Indeed... Bhot achi hain mashallah... Sirf dikhne mai hi nhi wese bhi bhot achi hai... han choti hain abhi dimag se lekin samajh jaegi."

(MashaAllah, she is really pretty, I am telling you arsalan is lucky, look at my grandson, still single)
(Indeed she is really pretty inside out, yes she is still young but she will be okay)

"Tumne rukhsati nhi ki na?" the women asked, to which Haseena shook her head indicating no. The women smirked and said, "Mashallah... bara sabar mai Arsalan bete mai... matlb chehra or jism donon hain larki k pass," and both of them laughed, oblivious to the impact of their words on the soul that listened to them.

(You didn't do the ruksaki)
(MashaAllah, arsalan is very patience, look at the way she is pretty with same body)
______

Feeling disheartened, Rubaab sought solace on the balcony of the first corridor, observing the gathering below, which might now be enjoying a meal.

With her head on her knees, lost in thought, Alia passed by with some college friends, seeing a chance to introduce Rubaab. However, lost in her thoughts, Rubaab flinched when Alia placed her hand on her shoulder.

Attempting to lighten the mood, Alia asked, "Kya hogaya..itna kyun dar gai?" Rubaab, not in the mood to engage, simply said no. "Acha.. inse milo..ye meri dosten hai.... Ye Rubaab hai. Meri bhabhi??! Yani Arsalan ki biwi" Alia introduced her to Esha and Alishba.

(What happened, why did you get scared?)
(Meet them, they are my friends)

Esha and Alishba, aware of Alia's feelings for Arsalan and the new wife, greeted Rubaab with fake smiles. "Acha Rubaab...tum inhe company do...mai apna mobile bhool ai kamre mai" Alia said, departing before Rubaab could respond.

(You give them company, I am coming, my mobile is in my room)

Gulping nervously, Rubaab faced both glaring girls with crossed arms. "Sach mai..lagti nhi ho itni chalak tum...lekin acha jackpot mara hai tumne," Alishba remarked, leaving Rubaab bewildered. "Ji?" she asked in confusion.

(Really, you dont look that sharp but you've hit jackpot)
(What)

"Han.. tumhe nhi pata tumne kya kia hai. Tumhe kuch andaza bhi hai k Alia kitna roti thi...sirf tumhari wajah se, hame to laga k pata nhi tum aisi Kon hogi jisko dekh kar hi han kardia Arsalan ne lekin tum to kuch nhi ho, Alia k samne ... Pata nhi agar kuch hoti to kya karti" they said, departing and leaving Rubaab in tears. Her shattered heart questioned if this was what her mother called society. Rubaab indeed didn't like society!

(Yes, you have no idea what you've done. Do you even realize how much Alia suffered... solely because of you? We thought maybe you were someone extraordinary, someone Arsalan chose at first sight, but you're nothing. Especially in front of Alia... I don't know what you would have done if there was any competition.)

Unable to control her tears any longer, she ran to her room and sat on her bed, crying profusely. She wouldn't suppress them anymore, not considering Arsalan as a villain, but overwhelmed by emotions she never wished to experience.