𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆|| 𝑯𝒊𝒔 𝑺𝒖𝒌𝒐𝒐𝒏

Returning home, Arsalan's initial move was to send Rubaab for a soothing shower, while he, in the interim, gracefully navigated towards Aliya to elucidate various matters. She occupied a lofty perch on a high chair in the kitchen.

Seizing her by the arm, he compelled her to rise, evoking a gasp as she gazed at him with widened eyes, unprepared for the severity of the moment. Glaring at her, he craned his neck. "Hogaya. Kya mila itni fazool harkat karke, huh?" Aliya met his gaze, discerning the implication behind his words, attempting to feign innocence.

(You done, what did you get after doing that)

"Kis bare mai bat karrahe hain ap Arsalan?" she queried innocently. He scoffed and pointed an accusatory finger at her visage. "Ye jo masoom chehra hai na, koi gadha hi is par yakeen kare ga or wo mai nhi hun... Maine tumhe nikkah k din kaha tha k Rubaab se koi fazool bat nahi karna, usko kuch nahi kehna qk mai bardasht nahi karunga lkin tum mai akal kab hai." Arsalan was incensed; the tears that had escaped his beautiful wife's eyes still perturbed him. He had pledged to cherish her.

(What are you talking about)
(Dont show me this innocent act, I already warned you to never harm her yet you do not have any sense)

She gulped before nodding her head in denial. "Maine such mai Rubaab ko kuch nahi kaha or ap kis bare mai bat karrahe hain mujhe to wo bhi nahi pata." She attempted to project a facade of toughness, perhaps not comprehending the gravity of the situation.

(I didn't say anything, I don't know what are you talking about)

"Aj uski banai hui spaghetti kharab ki, uske kapre jala...jab bhi wo kuch kam karti hai, wo kahin na kahin se kharab hojata hai or tumhe pata hai kya...mujhe tumhare ilawa kisi par shaq---nhi balke mujhe yakeen hai ye jo fazool kaam hai wo tum hi karti ho," he intoned in a venomous voice.

(You ruined her food,burned her clothes, whatever she does, it gets ruin and do not think its an accusation cause I know its you)

Arsalan was typically a gentle and composed individual, refraining from meddling in matters involving two girls. However, today, one of them was his wife, and the other was his cousin. He could not abide anyone tormenting her out of insecurity. He would unleash chaos if necessary.

Rubaab sought solace in him when she was in peril or distress. She perceived him as her savior, someone who would move heaven and earth to shield her and keep her joyous. The injustices perpetrated against Rubaab within this household struck him to the core. He never promised her this life!

He could not tolerate the injustice meted out to his delicate, flower-like wife. However, he, Arsalan Shah, was the sole proprietor, the heir to Shah House. His brother Faizan was a separate case altogether!

Aliya responded with a wearied tone as the grip on her arm began to afflict her delicate skin. "M-maine nhi k-kiya." It was the only response she could muster. Rubaab had already snatched Arsalan away from her, and she refused to remain silent yet again.

(I didn't do it)

"Jitna bhi jhutlao, ye last warning thi. Agli bar wo hashar karunga k mou dikhane kai qabil nahi raho gi," he declared as he jerked her backward and departed, leaving her in a state of denial. She trembled under the intensity of his emotions, emotions that seldom surfaced except in defense of Rubaab. It was the first instance Arsalan had communicated with her at such length, and it was a warning.

(Lie as much as you want, its a last warning, I won't be lenient after that)

First, the receptionist, then Aliya, and that boy who was Rubaab's neighbor—none of them did anything but make his day unbearable. There was nothing that could salvage this day except for a cup of karak chai from his mother. Although he could brew a good one himself, laziness had reached its zenith.