𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏|| 𝑹𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒅

She was visibly angry, but beneath the surface, a wave of hurt engulfed her. Since departing the house where her mother's happiness was a distant memory, she harbored an intense hatred for everything associated with him. In Alia's eyes, her mother was her unwavering savior, doing everything possible to nurture her daughter. Despite disliking her mother's taunts and jealousy, the current depth of hatred was unprecedented.

She ventured to meet her father, only for him to justify his actions by claiming poverty. To add insult to injury, he shamelessly praised his daughter in her presence. Hurt and in pain, she decided to surrender everything to the will of Allah.

Upon storming into the home, she confronted the dreaded scene she had anticipated. Knowing her mother's relentless pursuit of wealth, she was determined not to let her succeed after learning the truth.

Furious at her father, she yearned to embrace her mother, who had sacrificed so much for her. However, upon entering, she discovered Faizan present, surrounded by everyone, while her mother orbited him like a devoted puppy.

As her footsteps resonated, they turned to face her. Faizan, back in Pakistan after five years, had returned from London, where he studied law. His gaze fixed on Alia's face, almost frozen in time from five years ago, still adorned with those captivating eagle eyes. She was just 16 when he left, and now, observing her, he sensed the transformation into a woman with sharp features.

Awakening from his reverie, her sweet voice reached his ears, and he blushed, realizing the awkwardness of his unabashed admiration. Clearing his throat, he responded to her greeting, "How are you, Alia... you've grown up now," in a composed tone. She merely smiled, offering no further response or inquiry.

Anabia, irritated by Alia's lack of initiation, immersed herself in conversation, providing Alia with an opportunity to slip away unnoticed.

However, Rubaab observed her heading somewhere, and although she hadn't intended to follow, she noticed Alia wiping her eyes, indicating she had shed tears. Standly, she rose and proceeded, leaving Arsalan perplexed.

---

Seated on her bed, she found herself revisiting the distressing narratives her mother spun about everyone – first her father, then her mumani, and now, regretfully, Rubaab. Despite Rubaab's unwavering goodness, Alia lamented her mistreatment. The revelation of Rubaab becoming Arsalan's bride had initially stirred something in her heart, but those emotions had subsided after his marriage. She now believed it was merely infatuation.

Desiring her mother to taste her own medicine, Alia was determined to make it happen. Hearing Rubaab call her, she gazed at her in confusion, questioning her sudden appearance.

"Ap roo kyun rahi hain Alia api?" Rubaab queried, and Alia, met with an overwhelming surge of emotions, burst into tears. Rubaab flinched but embraced her, attempting to offer solace. Confused, Rubaab had never encountered something like this before.

(Why are you crying)

"K-kya h-hua?" Rubaab inquired once again. After a period of tears in Rubaab's comforting embrace, Alia wiped her tears and sniffed, "kuch nhi....bas kuch soch kar roogai," her heart weighed down by thoughts she refrained from sharing due to Rubaab's tender age.

(What happened)
(Nothing, I was thinking something)

"Wo kya?" Rubaab innocently probed.

"Rubaab... I'm sorry....I did so wrong with you...I shouldn't have done that.... Mujhe maaf kardo..." Alia apologized, tears streaming once again.

(Please forgive me)

"Mai apse naraz nhi hun api....I know you were hurt... it's okay, it's in the past...okay now stop crying...Arsalan kehte hain zada rone se hum jaldi budhe hojate hain!" Rubaab consoled, evoking laughter from Alia at her innocence.

(I am not upset, I know it was in past and you were hurt, now stop crying, arsalan says we get old early)

"Rubaab....from now on, think of me as your big sister okay...agar Arsalan ne tang kia to mujhe batana...hum milke mamu se shikayat lagaenge," Alia suggested to Rubaab, who laughed and nodded.

(If Arsalan tease you, just tell me)

Alia sighed thankfully that she hadn't gone to the extent of hurting this innocent angel, or she would've never forgiven herself.
_____________

It was nighttime, and after meeting with everyone and listening to their complaints, he finally got the time to breathe in peace. He loved his family, but sometimes parents and siblings wouldn't let you breathe in peace, especially when returning from abroad. He smiled thinking about his family; he was lucky to have them. Suddenly, his mind went towards the hoor who was clad in a black jora that complemented her white skintone really well.

He suddenly felt that she has changed. When Faizan was around them, they weren't as distant as they are now. So many things changed when he was not around, and one of them was his feeling towards the eagle-eyed girl.

He heard a lot during that time about her from his family but never got the courage to talk to her!

While he was lost in his thoughts, he missed his brother coming and standing beside him, leaning on the railing of their chat, like Faizan was. Arsalan looked closely at his twin who was so lost in his thoughts, with no expressions on his face, as if he wasn't thinking but glaring at someone. Having enough of it, Arsalan slapped him loudly on Faizan's shoulder, making him hiss.

Turning around, he also did the same with his brother, and now both were feeling stings on their shoulders. It was their little play!

"Aise kon welcome karta hai bhai ko?" said Faizan, annoyed by his brother that he was disturbed!

(Who welcome brother like that)

"Shouq nhi tha lekin tu paglo ki tarha hawa ko ghour raha tha...agar dupher horahi hoti to logon ko lagta k larka bawla hogaya hai...." He also replied in the same tone with no humor in it...

(I didn't want to but you were glaring wildly, if it was afternoon people would have thought you were idiot)

"Wese...soch kya raha tha?" once again asked Arsalan. Faizan sighed and shook his head, saying "kuch nhi...bas yunhi...." But after a minute of silence, he asked Arsalan the question he wanted to ask for so long...

(What were you thinking)
(Nothing, just?)

"Yar...tu Rubaab k sath khush hai? matlb bachpan se teri bat thi...Alia k sath or suddenly mama ne Rubaab se karadi shadi...matlb heartbroken to nhi hai bhai tu?" he jokingly asked even though he was dreading inside with the idea of Alia and Arsalan!

(Are you happy with rubaab? With all those stuffs with alia and all, are you not heartbroken?)

But who was he even fooling. Both were born at the same time and on the same day, and both were brothers. They both can easily tell what you are trying to say, and Arsalan was no less!

"Mmm nhi...mai to apni Rubaab ke sath khush hun...maine Alia se islie shadi nhi ki qk phir mera bhai reh jata... heartbroken..." Faizan's ear turned red; he nervously scratched his neck, smiling nervously...

(No, I am very much happy with my rubaab, I didn't marry alia cause my brother would have gotten heart broken)

"A-aisa kuch nhi hai...mai to bas yunhi pooch raha tha" Arsalan snickered at him and mocked him with the same words...

(Its not like that, I was just asking)

They both laughed "koi nhi...ammi se bat karlena...is se pehle phuppo kisi ameer admi se kara den uska viyah..."

(Its okay, talk to ammi before anabia phuppo gets her married to a rich person)

Said Arsalan, to which Faizan replied "mai bhi ameer hun... Viyah to mai hi karunga" and laughed again....Unaware of the eyes that were left opened wide, listening to him...

(I am rich, I will be the one marrying him!)