𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏||𝑯𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒊

Ali was restless; it was 3 am, and he paced back and forth on the rooftop. The weight in his heart mirrored the pain he felt when Rimsha cried. The happiness he once cherished dissipated after his conversation with his taya abbu and tayi ammi.

His heart clenched when he heard his tayi ammi reject the proposal. Despite his efforts to soften her heart, he felt like a failure. Yet, he understood his tayi ammi and taya abbu's concerns – why would they marry their only daughter into a family marred by the actions of his mother, who had been nothing short of a troublemaker?

Sitting on the charpai, he sighed, feeling the sudden ache in his head intensify. Reflecting on their conversation and the way he almost begged them, he couldn't escape the throbbing pain.

After dinner, he approached their room, knocking before his tayi ammi welcomed him with a warm smile. Taking a deep breath, he prepared himself for the difficult conversation.

"Ao bache... batao kya hua hai," his taya abbu's sweet voice welcomed him. "Bade abbu... wo kuch bat karni hai ab se or badi ammi se," he replied, sitting down on the sofa.

(What happened ali beta?)

"Mujhe pata hai ap log soch rahe honge k himmat kaise hui hamari... apki beti ka rishta mangne ki. Lekin abbu, isme abbu ka koi hath nahi hai. Maine unse kaha tha apse baat karne ka, kyunki mujhe Rimsha pasand hai. Mai use apni shareek-e-hayaat banana chahta hun," he confessed.

(You must be thinking, how dare us ask rimsha hand but abbu had nothing to do in it, I like rimsha and I wanna make her my shareek-e-hayaat)

Karim Shah exchanged a glance with his wife, sensing her apprehension. Being the eldest, he had always supported his brothers. Now, facing the prospect of his daughter's marriage to Ali, memories of Saima and Anabia tormenting Rubaab flooded his mind.

Amidst conflicting emotions, Karim Shah pondered the selfish desire to ensure his daughter's happiness versus the potential turmoil in her future. Haseena, expressing her concerns, spoke about Saima's dislike for Rimsha
"meri jaan ali...ap mere lie arsalan or faizan se kabhi kam nhi the...ap mere bache ho.. lkin mai kabhi nhi chahti k meri beti us ghar mai jae jahan... Saima use kabhi sukoon se na rehne de" he nodded his head while sighing. "Meri jan ye mat samajhna k mai apki ammi k lie kuch galat keh rahi hun... Ye Maine is lie kaha qk mujhe pata hai use rimsha nhi pasand..wo kabhi use dil se tumhari biwi or apni bahu nhi mane gi....mujhe dar hai meri jan" haseena made more excuse, she wasn't wrong, saima always had different views on everything!

(My love, you are no less than arsalan and faizan to me but I cant marry her in the house where she wont be in peace)
(Dont think I am staying bad about your ammi, but I know saima and I fear for my daughters future)

Ali, nodding in acknowledgment, fought back tears. "Mai janta hun Badi ammi... sab janta hun... Lekin mai apse ek bat ka wada karta hun: kabhi Rimsha ko koi aanch nahi ane dunga. Kabhi use nahi rulaunga or hamesha khush rakhunga," he promised, pouring his heart out.

(I know ammi, I know everything. But i promise you that I will keep her happy and safe, always)

Karim Shah, moved by his nephew's words, silently grappled with the decision. Haseena, continuing to voice her fears, stressed her reluctance due to Saima's negative views.
"Beta...mujhe waqai kuch nahi maloom"
(Beta, I cant think anything)

Undeterred, Ali affirmed, "Badi ammi, sach mai... ap aik bar bharosa karen mujh par. Kabhi apko shikayat ka mauqa nahi milega. Mai sach mai mohabbat karta hun Rimsha se or use khush rakhunga."

(Badi ammi, just trust me once, i will never give you any reason to be mad at me, I will keep her happy)

His plea fell on deaf ears, leaving Ali disheartened. As he sat in solitude, his emotions overwhelmed him, prompting him to seek solace in a chat, cursing his fate.

Ali, an embodiment of his cousin Arsalan Shah, admired him not just for their physical resemblance but for Arsalan's patience and impeccable manners. However, Ali's temper, a departure from Arsalan's calm demeanor, created hurdles in expressing his deep love for Rimsha.

Lost in his thoughts, Ali found himself sniffling, unaware that Rimsha had been silently observing. Her heart stirred with compassion, urging her to confront him.

Frustrated with her own musings, she strode towards him, positioning herself behind him. Upon hearing her footsteps, he turned around, inhaling sharply as his gaze met hers. Enthralled, he seemed oblivious to the words escaping her enchanting lips.

Irritated by his detachment, she snapped her fingers in front of him, a sharp sound that jolted him from his reverie and back to the reality of her not-so-holy thoughts.

Confronting Ali, she scolded, "Agar zara bhi mohabbat hoti na mujh se, tumhe Ali to yun bandron ki tarha na rote or mujhe pane ki koshish karte! Mard bano."

(If only you've loved me, you wouldn't be crying like a monkey, be a man ali)

Ali, vulnerable yet defensive, retorted, "Rimsha mere piyar k lie 1 alfaz nahi bolna, tumhe nahi pata pagal hun mai tumhare lie. Kaise aisa bol sakti ho k mai koi mehnat nahi karta jabke tumne kabhi koi mehnat nahi ki mere lie, ye hai tumhara pyar?"

( dont say a word about my love, you dont know how mad I am for you! How can you say i have done nothing when you are quite till now)

She gasped and stood close to his body. That make him weak again, he gulped feeling her softness against him. " Thik hai... Ab dekhna ali shah... Tum banke raho aik aurat or mai tumhe hashil karke rahungi iske lie bhale mujhe kuch bhi karna pare!" saying she turned around and left, without seeing his condition that she left him in.

(Okay then, now see ali shah, you stay as a women, I will go now! I will get you)

Their confrontation, a whirlwind of emotions, left Ali grappling with his feelings. Rimsha, asserting her independence, vowed to pursue him despite her parents' objections.

Ali, a mix of frustration and affection, muttered to himself, "Ya Allah... Ye larki meri maut ka sabab banegi dekh lena," savoring every word she uttered.

(She will kill me one day)

Smiling to himself, he retreated to his room, finding comfort in the knowledge that his 'sherni' was now awake.