The Price You Pay: Chapter 04

A/N: This chapter is written from Vansh's point of view. I don't know how often I will let him talk, but when I started to write it was obvious that Vansh should tell his view on things right now.

●●●●●

(Vansh's POV)

I was not in a good mood when I came home at about 3 in the morning. I had been over at Natasha's, my girlfriend of four months. As girls kept hitting on me relentlessly, I had hoped it would stop if I just picked one and get along with it. Natasha was pretty enough, with chesnut hairs and big brown eyes. She was all over me, which was a nice advantage.

The flirting didn't stop once I was dating. And Natasha turned out to be annoyingly jealous. As soon as some girl catches my eye, she sees red and looks green in her jealous rage. And I spend a day or two apologizing for nothing I've done wrong and then finally she comes back, pouting and petulant, and I spend another couple of days reassuring her and telling her she is the only one or whatever she wants to hear. She's quite easy with that — she just asks me rhetorical questions that are easy to answer with a simple 'yes' or 'no, of course not!'.

I don't quite understand however how couples can sit on the couch quietly for hours on end. Because when I am with Natasha, I find that more and more often she gets under my skin and I am in a hurry to be away from her again.

We kiss, a lot, as that seems to be the only thing she wants to do. I would like to get to know her mind, to talk with her about everything, anything, like music or movies or any other topic that holds her interest, but I think the only thing that gets around in her head is wind. That and the knowledge that she is dating me, and she refers to me as 'the hottest guy in school.' I'm not so sure of that. I don't consider myself anything special, at any rate.

Tonight had been no different. In the afternoon we had walked through the forest after some serious begging on my part and she had kept asking me questions about how many girlfriends I had had before. I didn't really want to talk with her about that, as Natasha was my first and I was seriously starting to wonder if this was really what all the fuss was about.

Then she'd gone on about 'experience' and she told me how she and her ex had felt each other up in a closet once upon a time.

I really didn't want to hear that, actually.

Then, during dinner with her parents, who were nice enough but made me feel uncomfortable as hell with their scrutinizing looks and their 'So, what are your plans after you graduate next year, Vansh?' Natasha kept shooting me those glances that made me more uncomfortable still. After dinner I helped with the dishes, so as to avoid being alone with Natasha. But when the dishes were done and gone, there really was no excuse anymore and I let her tug me up to her room.

Her room was horrible, although I would never say that out loud. It was messy, and pink, and so extremely girly-girl that I always wanted to run away as soon as I stepped in.

She all but threw me on the bed and started kissing me. Although I know it's not very polite of me, I started thinking then about when and how I could break up with her in a way that would not hurt her too much. I was torn out of my reverie when I felt her pulling my shirt out of my jeans.

I stopped her by placing my hands on her shoulders and pulling her back a little. "What are you doing?"

She looked at me coyly — or at least I think that's what she was trying to do — "I thought that tonight was a good night to start moving on to second base."

Aw, what? How to explain to her that I really didn't feel like having her — ice-cold — hands on my body? But then again, if I refused, I would come across as a prude, and I wasn't a prude. I just wanted to do things like this with the right person.