Chapter 12: Ben

Y/n woke up to find herself on a bridge, she looked around and noticed she was floating. She wasn't sure where she was but she knew it certainly wasn't earth. "Just where am I?"

Y/n POV:
"Where am I?" I asked shocked and worried. I then heard whispers of someone's voice. "You in the spirit world"
We
"Hello! Who's there?" I said, I turned around to find where that voice was coming from until I saw a glowing figure shaped like a person in front of me.

Then multiple spirits appeared and started circling me.

"You must wake up, you're not finished."
"You are the ONE."
"The 'Runes of Kauf-Kaul."

They kept repeating those words over and over again. But before I could do anything, everything went dark again as I was being brought back into the real world.

Third POV:
Y/n woke up gasping, she calmed herself and saw that she was still in the room.

"Thank God you are awake, you had worried for a moment since you took longer than I expected you could take."

She turned to the side to see it was Luther with a relieved expression, he came closer and asked how she felt and if she needs anything.

"I'm fine Luther. But what are you doing here, I thought you were with Sloane?" She said confused.

"Ben called me and told me what happened, that you suddenly just collapsed. Are you sure you're okay?" Asked Luther.

Before she could answer they heard a knock on the door, they turn to see it was Sloane. Who informed them that they need to come downstairs.

On their way, Y/n just couldn't get her head wrapped on what happened today. These headaches, all these pass-outs, the gut feeling that something just isn't right.

Normally it would drive a person crazy, but for here,  it just means she was going to get to the bottom of this one way or another.

As they enter the room, Jayme and Alphonso's voices were heard.

"You were basically screaming for help." Jayme said in the living room.

"I wasn't screaming. I was kicking his ass." Alphonso replied. "You couldn't breathe, but... Jayme trailed off when she saw Y/n and Luther entering.

"Doesn't look like your family is coming anytime soon," Fei said.

"I figured as much, probably have their shit to deal with." Y/n scoffed, her arms crossed.

"Oh, no, I'm sure they're just, you know, working the final details and...Luther bluffed, trying to come up with an excuse. Which wasn't working.

"Luther, you know as well as I do. That it hasn't even come into their minds that we were missing, to begin with." Y/n remark, pulling out a nail file while leaning against one of the pillars.

Ben suddenly stood up walking slowly toward them, this caused Y/n what she was doing and look at him, warily.

"Relax. You're both free to go." He announced.

"Why?" Both Luther and Y/n said simultaneously, looking at each other.

"Gesture of goodwill. But I want you to pass along a very important message to your family."  Ben said.