Chapter 18: Shocking Discoveries

At The Sparrow academy...
"You walked us into a slaughter," She said.

"You were both right there with me, this is as much your fault as mine," Ben excused.

"How? You're Number One remember," Fei closed the doors.

"Yeah, but of a different kind of Number One," Ben said still not facing them.

"Hm, the shitty kind. That's why Dad demoted you." Ben then faced Fei as she taunted him more. "That's why he made Marcus Number One, you don't know how to lead, and now the others are dead because of you. Because of you, Y/n is now dea-"

Ben slaps Fei, anger showing on his face, Fei's shades scatter across the floor. "Take her name out of your mouth!!" He shouted.

Fei just laughs it off and turns to him. She has scars skinned across her face covering her eyes. "Marcus would have never let—

"He's gone." Ben snarled. "You know what our real problem is? You. Your a shit Number Two, Fei."

Christopher speaks making Ben chuckle, "See? Even Christopher agrees with me."

"Oh, yeah! Then tell me, what are you going to say when Dad finds out we lost Y/n again?"

Ben turned around and walked closer to her face."You oughta keep your damn mouth shut because she's not dead," He said aggressively.

Ben walks away, followed by Christopher. Fei then retrieves her shades and puts them on and joins Ben and Christopher in Hargreeves' study.

"What did I miss? Sounds juicy."

Ben sat down on the couch not looking at his father. "Dad, we lost Jayme, Alphonso, and Sloan," He said.

Reginald then stood up from his seat, "Oh! Well, then we should be out there looking for them, fetch me my jacket." He said not understanding what they meant.

"No! Dad! He means they're dead." Fei blurted out.

The room was silent as Reginald froze in his place, taking in her words, "Such a shame. What happened?" Reginald said sitting back down.

"Those assholes from the Umbrella Academy. You were right about them." Ben gritted out angrily, glancing in his father's direction.

"After Marcus disappeared, Ben led us on a mission to take them down," Fei explained, blaming Ben.

"And it would have worked, but they had some kind of secret weapon. This old guy with powers on their side, which is totally cheating, we didn't have a chance." Ben said in defense.

"So what do you intend to do about it?" Reginald asked.

Ben looks at Fei, she cocks her head and gestures to him to 'say something, Ben gestures back not knowing what to say.

Fei then turns to face Reginald, "We need to be ready if they come to finish us off, and they will unless we come up with a plan."
She starts walking closer to Ben, "So, what's your next genius idea, Idea Guy?"

Ben looked down, not knowing what to do. Fei sneers, she flicks her hands dismissively and leaves.

Christopher then said something, making Ben look up. "Fine. Go with her, see if I care." Ben said, and with that Christopher floats out after Fei.

It was now just Ben and Reginald.

Reginald looked at Ben mischievously, "There is still a way to turn this to your favor."