[5] Thats gonna leave a mark...

"You two must've had other options in life besides policing England's underworld

"You two must've had other options in life besides policing England's underworld. I'm sure my sister, your mother, wanted something else for the two of you. And yet after their deaths your return to be the queens guard dog and get a position special for Y/n. Is it because you're trying to avenge your parents' murders and give Y/n a better life?" Madam red asked as she played chess with Ciel.

"The need for revenge is a funny thing. It won't bring back the dead, nor will it bring them happiness." "But then..." "To answer your question, I didn't return to the house of Phantomhive for my parents. I did it for myself and Y/n." He stated as he glanced at you who sat by the window seal and brushed your fingers through the part of your hair that was tied off. Madam red dressed you today and put you into a red dress that flattered your appearance.

"I and Y/n want to find the people responsible for what happened, and we want to make them experience the same pain and humiliation we suffered." He said as your aunt hummed. "Mm, I still remember when you were born, though it seems so long ago. You were so tiny and fragile I remember thinking, 'No matter what, I have to protect him.' And the same for your sister, she was the prettiest girl, when your mother and father took her out people couldn't stop looking, and they still do." She trailed off as she and Ciel turned their gaze to you who smiled at them.

"You both know I was never able to have children, but there was the two of you. And I've come to think of you as my own son and daughter. Which is why I wish you would quit this." She tried persuading the two for you but you simply shook your head. "This is a task We've freely chosen. It's still our choice to make and no one else's. I don't regret my decision in following him and I won't be coddled by anyone." You stated as you stood up and went over to a table to sip your tea.

You were relaxing on Ciels bed and played with strands of his hair as he laid in front of you when Sebastian knocked and Ciel allowed him in.
"Well, then?" He asked "No matter how I look at it, the result is still the same." Sebastian reported as Ciel sat up, leading the strand of hair you were playing with to slip out of your hands and make you pout. "Yesterdays murder. The viscount didn't do it." You stated as Sebastian agreed with you. "Exactly. None of the people in his mansion could've done it either." "Indeed. No person could move that quickly. Anyway tomorrow we'll start-" Ciel stopped himself as he thought of something

"Sebastian, you didn't-" He asked as Sebastian denied it. "Of course I didn't, my lord. I told you, I never lie. Now, involved in medicine, ties to secret societies or black magic, lacking alibis for the nights the bodies were found. The only human who fits our criteria is the viscount Druit." Sebastian said as you sat up abruptly and frowned as Ciel did too. "You know more about this than you're letting on, don't you?" You asked

"But I'm simply one hell of a butler. As you well know I only carry out those orders my master and mistress have directly given me." Sebastian stayed calm while the two of you snarled in annoyance, Sebastian then threw the papers up into the air. "You need only say the words, my lord, my lady. And I become your pawn or your knight. Now, master, mistress, move me to check."