[58] SOMEONE GET ME A MCMILLAN PLS 😭🙏

"He's probably the lying jailbird

"He's probably the lying jailbird." Ciel decided as he bit on a fork. "Why do you think that?" Sebastian asked "Have you seen his hands? Everyone here has rough hands from doing others chores and his are perfectly fine, no marks or anything, almost like mine!" You explained and showed your ungloved hands as Sebastian nodded his head. "He's using some dirty method like the master?" "Exactly." Your brother confirmed as you huffed. "He's getting on my nerves. Sebastian, this is an order. Track Maurice and his activity pattern, also, seek out the other people who've been deceived by him. I'll get information out of them myself." You ordered the man as he kneeled. "Yes, my lady."

-

And for some time you and Ciel tracked Maurice as much as you both could, following him to the Buckingham Palace and cricket practice. Right now you were about to talk to a boy named Joanne Harcourt. A boy deceived by Maurice.

"My, you surely read some difficult books." You said as you caught him reaching up to grab a book. "What year are you in?" You asked as he turned around and blushed, noticing you didn't have your hat on and he could see your features. "M-My lady, I'm Harcourt from the 2nd year." He introduced himself with a light stutter as he bowed.

"The second year, really? That's super amazing!" You praised him "You must be very popular in your class if you're reading the criminal version of Hegel's 'The science of logic' this young! I get bored reading things like this but it's amazing how you're so invested!" You said in amazement while looking into his eyes as he then looked down at this feet in shame. "Not at all. I can't do anything but read so..." He trailed off as you noticed a tear pricked his eye, you made sure your face turned to one of understanding as you placed your hand under his chin to tilt his head up.

"That face of yours says otherwise. Something is bothering you." You whispered to him as you wiped his eye. "Who are you?" He sputtered as you smiled. "It doesn't matter who I am. I'm here for you, Harcourt." You insisted as you used his hand to place on your cheek. "See? I'm real. Come, let's go to the chapel, I'm sure you'll feel better telling me there." You suggested with a nod as he did as well and you held his hand while guiding him to the chapel.

-

"Cole said he gave me the invitation to the swan gazebo but... I never received it, even though the invitation was in my desk. I'm really not lying! But everyone's calling me a liar..." He cried as you both were in the confession stall. "It must've been lonely and hard on you, having no one to believe you, but I do." You said as he spoke up once more. "My lady, please wish. That this misunderstanding will clear up one day." He pleaded as you wrote down information on a notepad. "You're a sweet boy, Harcourt. I'm sure it won't be long until someone thinks clearly enough to believe you. The time will come."

-

"So with that... There were four students who have fallen victim to Maurice Cole. Not just that, there is a large chance that he leaves all his fag work to others." Sebastian started as he flipped through files and papers of information you collected from the victims and their sides of the story. "For example, it takes several hours for a soufflé glace to cool down. It's impossible for him to make using only his fag time." He finished as you ate some cookies calmly.

"I want to know his movements within red house but you have to do my work during fag time and all." Ciel said as he furrowed his brows, deep in thought. "I'd like another pawn in red house since Maurice is there. Y/n possibly could've gone if we hadn't requested to be out in the same dormitory." He sighed out before eating a cookie you offered him.

"Also, even if you get in the school you can't chose your own dormitory. The dormitory you go into is influenced by your status and personality. I'm guessing my lady was able to slip into blue house easily by putting on an act. Isn't that right?" Sebastian commented as you huffed. "It was believable and they let me past. Don't get me started."

"We need someone with enough status and wealth do definitely be admitted into scarlet house. Since they take in people of exceptionally high birth. And they even need to be someone who will be specially admitted since there is no vacancy. There's no way we can find..." Your brother paused as he groaned and realized someone who fitted perfectly.

"I definitely don't want to call him!" He said as he placed his hand on his forehead out of frustration. "It'll be fine. He's a prince! He even tried getting me my own elephant, there's no way he'll be turned down!" You insisted as your shook your brother by his coat. "Damn, I guess necessity knows no law." He muttered as a way that he'll call.

-

You were sleeping with your brother in his bed trying to keep each other warm as the sheets were cold in some areas when you both heard McMillan whispered. "Phantomhive, are you asleep?" He asked "No..." "Can I come over to talk?" He asked as you two looked at each other in worry. "How do I slip out he's right there!" You whispered to him as he tried looking around as quick and as little as he could to not draw any suspicion from McMillan. "Put on your eye patch too!" "You don't even have yours on!"

"Sure, just be careful." Ciel allowed as you looked at him shocked and hit his chest when McMillan came over and crawled onto the bed and noticed your form laying next to your brothers, opposite of where he crawled on. "My lady, you're still up?" He asked out of genuine curiosity as you meekly smiled. "I have a hard time sleeping by myself so I sleep with him." "I understand. Anyway, I'm sorry I can't support you at school, Ciel." He told your brother as he rested his head on his hand.

"It's okay, we have to be here for 6 years. It's only normal." Your brother reassured as you lifted your head to rest on his arm to nod. "But why did you do that? Neglecting the p4's invitation and all, bringing lady into it too." McMillan asked as you smiled. "We were told it was at 4. But it was actually at 2. Everyone keeps blaming it on brother." You replied "What?!" He exclaimed as you both hushed him, mindful of the others sleeping in the room as well.

He slightly lowered his head and covered his mouth before whispering. "But we heard it was at 4 too?" He said as your brother nodded. "Right? But it can't be helped anymore." He said as you lightly smoothed over his hair and eventually made a heart with two separate strands. "I see! I'll testify for you both!" He decided as you both looked at him confused. "Huh?"

"If I'm not credible enough by myself I'll ask some other people. We were all listening in. It isn't your fault." He clarified as you both smiled at him warmly. "Thanks, McMillan." Your brother thanked the boy as he gave a bright smile despite the dark. "No problem!"

-

Students crowded around the entrance of the school as a boy rode into it on an elephant and a small show. "Ooh! So this is a school! It's pretty big, about as big as my home in India!" Prince Soma exclaimed as he looked at the school from his spot on the elephants back. "I told you he'd get in easily." You teased your brother as your nudged his arm. "I guess the brand of wealth and Indian royalty is the real deal." He sighed out as you threw stood next to the students looking at the elephant.

"But I naturally didn't expect him to come to school on an elephant." Sebastian said in an uneasy tone. Soma seemed to have seen Ciel and assumed you were the one covered in a hat with a veil as Soma waved at you both. "HEEEEYYY! CIEL! Y/N! IM HERE!" He shouted as he flailed his arms everywhere. You two turned away quickly to act as if you both didn't know him.

"I was surprised since you suddenly sent me a letter! I would have come if either of you'd just say you'd be lonely by yourselves." He reminded as he stayed silent for a moment "Are you listening?" He shouted when the elephant used its trunk to suddenly snatch your brother from your hand and lift him to where Soma was before it quickly picked you up as well. "I came all this way, so let's all go together!" Soma suggested as you squirmed int the elephants trunk.

"Let me down immediately! I almost regret saying we call you!" You yelled as you kept your hand on your hat to not let it fly off. "Stop keeping her in the air like that! Put her down!"