Willow

Naya ran a finger over the birthmark on the back of her right hand, her thoughts racing.

She'd fully moved into her room; a large, yellow space with a huge window taking up the majority of one wall. Since their house was at the top of the building she liked to watch the city from there, but still preferred the roof for the sunsets and cat that came with them. Covering her walls were her previous drawings or drawings from artists she respected.

She picked up her tablet, adding a few lines to the drawing she was working on, one of her view of Cat Noir from a side angle, staring up, captivated by the same stars that shone brightly in his emerald green eyes. She was planning to give a printing of it to him as a gift, maybe at the same time as she confessed.

Confessing...

The very idea was so terrifying she hated to think about it. Especially because she knew he was going to turn her down. There was no way he wasn't going to turn her down.

What Adrien had said echoed through her mind again and she sighed, putting away her tablet and turning on the news at her computer.

"All seems quiet in the city, but we can never be too careful. We never know when Ladybug and Cat Noir might show up to fight a villain!"

"You've got everyone talking about you," Naya whispered to the screen. "Don't let it go to your head, silly kitty."

"Oh? What's this? I've just gotten word that a new villain has appeared! They're calling themselves...Frozo! They have the power to freeze anyone they—" the newscaster was cut off, freezing mid sentence as a villain wearing a black and white puffy dress walked onto screen.

"I am Frozo!" they cackled, waving a staff at the screen. "Ladybug and Cat Noir, give me your miraculous' or I will freeze everyone in Paris!"

Then the TV cut off.

"Please be careful," Naya whispered softly. "Please come see me tonight. I don't think I can make it another hour without seeing you."

She pushed her rolling chair back, stopping in the middle of the room and staring up at the yellow ceiling.

"I wish I could help you," she hissed. "I hate seeing you get hurt and being so helpless!"

"We've reconnected!" came from the screen and she ran over, watching in terror.

"I'm Natalie," the newscaster introduced themselves, "and we're following Ladybug and Cat Noir's fight against Frozo! Right now they're losing ground and just barely avoiding their attacks!"

The footage showed the two superheroes leading and dodging like crazy as hundreds of blue dots flew towards them out of Frozo's wand.

"They're losing," Naya gasped, staring for the door, then stopping.

What can I do? I'm just a normal person. I can't help him.

"I can't help him."

"But maybe you can," a squeaky voice disagreed. A small green creature pushed its way out of the birth mark on her right hand, the space around it glowing lightly.

"Oh. No, nope, I'm dreaming." Naya slumped into her chair again, laughing breathlessly. "I've never had a lucid dream before. That means my Kitty isn't in trouble though. That's good."

"You're not dreaming. This is real."

"You're a creature that came out of my hand," Naya snapped. "If that's not dream material I don't know what is."

The creature floated towards her hand, then gave it a sharp, painful pinch between its two tiny hands.

"Ow!" Naya yelped. "What the—"

"See?" the creature sighed annoyedly. "Not a dream."

"So then what do you want?" Her brain felt like it was about to explode.

"Aren't you more interested in what I am?"

"Actually, give me a second." She took a deep breath, then sighed it out.

"What are you!?"

"There we go."

"Sorry, my brain had to catch up."

"Don't worry about it. I know this is a lot, but here's the short version:" the creature settled down on her desk, staring up at her with big teal eyes. It was quite cute, actually, with tiny arms and legs, two horns that looked like they were made out of branches, and soft, mossy green skin.

"I am a Kwami," the Kwami said, "just like the Kwamis Ladybug and Cat Noir have. I let you transform into a superhero, and only you. Other Kwamis come with magical items, but you have the mark of the Willow, which is me. I'm Willow."

Willow put out a tiny hand and Naya breathlessly extended a finger to shake it.

"Anyways, the mark of the Willow isn't passed down or inherited, instead it randomly jumps from person to person. The last known holder of the Willow was hundreds of years ago. That's because most people can't be trusted with a power no one can take away from them. But I trust you. I trust that you're a good person who can be responsible for this power."

"And...what is this power, exactly?"

"It's easy." The Kwami extended a fist, making a determined smile. "You just say "Willow, glow up!" and you'll transform. Your power is fabricate, which you can use to create any object you want. Are you ready?"

"Umm...wait, you're going a bit fast. What exactly is my weapon, Willow?"

"Oh, right." The Kwami smiled. "You have a ball of light, which can shift into any of the objects the other holders wield."

"Wow." She breathed out deeply. "That's pretty OP."

"I don't know what that means, but that's why I'm so nervous about entrusting you with this. Because it's so powerful."

"Is that everything?"

"Yes."

"Alright." Naya stood, curling her hands into fists and cried, "Willow, Glow up!"