Love

The next few hours were a blur of tears and blank green eyes and happy crowds and a million microphones pointed towards them, but after most of the people had left and the police had called to say they'd reached the station, Wisp was able to sneak away. She rushed down a dark alley, falling to her knees from pain and exhaustion and whispering, "Glow Off."

A light surrounded her and in a split second she was in her normal clothes again. She hurriedly ran a hand down the mark on her wrist, praying it would glow and a strange, small creature would come out of it to scare her or yell at her or simply say nothing at all and just sit with her in comfortable silence.

Nothing happened.

"Willow?" she was almost too scared to whisper. "Hey. Are you in there?"

The alleyway was silent. Naya felt tears bubble up in her eyes and she bent over, sobbing quietly, holding her wrist tightly. "Willow! Please, come out!"

"Naya."

She turned at Cat Noir's familiar voice, tears streaming down her face. He frowned gently, walking over and kneeling down to wrap his hand around her, pulling her into a deep hug. He was warm and soft around her, which only made her tears flow faster. Kwamis couldn't transform twice and use their powers in quick succession like she'd done. Or at least, they weren't supposed to. But Wisp had forced Willow to do exactly that. She'd killed her.

"It's going to be okay," he whispered into her hair, but his words were just as empty as his eyes.

"She's gone," Naya whimpered, nuzzling deeper into his chest. "And it's all my fault. It's because I got caught. It's because I made a mistake!"

"Hey, we don't know for sure she's gone," He tried to reassure her, pulling her body closer to his. "She could just be sleeping."

"Then why wouldn't she come out?" Naya argued tearfully. "If only—"

"Maybe she didn't come out because she's trying to get rest after her owner almost killed her!" Willow's voice snapped from somewhere inside Naya. She gasped, wiping at her eyes and grabbing her wrist again, just as a snap head poked out, glaring at her.

"Willow?"

"Yes, yes, it's me, rejoice." Willow flew out of her arm to hover in midair next to her. "It looks like the plan worked. Although I could use some food."

Naya felt for the pocket where she usually kept food for Willow, but it was empty save a few crumbs.

"Sorry, we'll have to wait until—"

"Is cheese okay?" Cat Noir asked, completely serious.

"Cheese? I don't believe I've had that before."

"My Kwami loves it." He closed his eyes and whispered, "Claws In," and a green glow encircled his body until he was Adrien Agreste again.

"Ah yes, Plagg." When Naya gave Willow a confused look she sighed. "Let's just say we've met before and...well..."

"I was told someone needed Cheese!" a small squeaky voice cried happily, and a tiny black cat emerged from Adrien's ring. He dove into the boy's pocket and emerged with two dripping wet Camemberts, devouring one of a single bite despite the fact that it was almost his size, and offering the other to Willow. She took it, albeit with a face of disgust, and took a tentative bite. Suddenly her face lit up.

"It's absolutely delicious!"

"Hey! She likes it!" Adrien smiled at Plagg, who was staring at Willow as if she were a goddess.
"You...You understand my love of Camembert? You really do?"

"I do!" Willow took another, larger bite. "Well, Plagg, my image of you has changed since this encounter. At least you have good taste."

Plagg grinned, grabbing another piece of cheese from Adrien's pocket and handing it to her.

Naya laughed. "I'm glad you two are getting along. And I'm glad you're okay, Willow."

Willow nodded without looking up from her cheese. "I suppose I'm glad to not be dead. And it was nice to see you actually worrying about me. It makes me realize you see me as more than a tool." Her small green face turned slightly pink and she took another bite of cheese, muttering, "So thank you," into it.

Naya smiled. The two had never been close, but she felt like the gap between them had shrunk, if only slightly.

As the Kwamis ate, Adrien and Naya sank against the cold concrete wall, both sighing at the same time and then smiling at each other.

"We really did it," Adrien murmured, looking a little in shock. Not that Naya could blame him; after all, he'd just lost his entire family. He quickly glanced at her, then added, "And thanks. I know it must've been hard, using Natalie like that, but it made us beat Hawkmoth, so thank you for doing the dirty work."

"I felt awful," she admitted, wrapping her arms around her knees and squeezing them to her chest. "I didn't want to do it, just so you know. And I wouldn't have killed her! I can't do something like that, no matter the mask I wear."

"Thank you," he repeated. He dragged a hand through the dirt on the ground. "I needed to hear that."

They sat in silence until the Kwamis returned to them, Willow vanishing into Naya's hand without a word and Plagg going on and on to Adrien about how wonderful she was until he finally popped back into his shirt.

"We've got such different Kwamis," Naya commented, needing to fill the silence with something. "Wanna trade?"

Instead of joking back, Adrien looked up and forced a smile for her. "So, are we dating, or..." suddenly tears filled his eyes and, surprised, he tried to wipe them away.

"Hey..." Naya put a hand on his shoulder. "It'll be okay. We'll figure this out together, okay? And after that, we can deal with where we're at. So don't force yourself." When he didn't look convinced she repeated, "Don't force yourself. Please. I don't want to hurt you anymore."

"Hurt me?" He laughed sadly, still wiping at his eyes. "Naya, how can you say you've hurt me, when all I've done is hurt you? I've been so stupid! I don't know how you can still care about me after what I've done to you. I'm so—"

"Adrien." Naya grabbed his cheek, pulling his face towards hers and gently pressing her lips against his. He grunted lightly in surprise but didn't pull away and instead stayed perfectly still until Naya pulled away. When she met his eyes, he looked shocked. "Sorry," she murmured, a little shocked herself. "You just really had to shut up."

"Don't apologize," He whispered breathlessly, cupping a gentle hand around her cheek and wiping away a tear that she'd missed. "I don't want to figure out where we're at later. I want you to know now how I feel."

"And how do you feel?" Naya couldn't breathe, the fear and hurt and love tying itself around her lungs.

Adrien blushed and whispered, "like I want to kiss you again."

And just like that they both leaned in, pressing their lips together. This one lasted longer, but was more gentle and soft. Naya felt like she was melting into it, and couldn't stop her lips from quirking into a smile. Adrien pulled back, laughing.

"What?"

"What what?" Naya laughed back.

"Why're you grinning like that?" he asked, grinning just as much as she was.

"Did I ruin the moment?"

He caught his breath and smiled softly. "Not at all."

"I'm just..." she carefully reached out and took one of his hands in hers, pressing out to her forehead. "...So happy."

"Me too." Adrien pulled one of her hands to his own forehead, still smiling. "It'll be okay."

Naya couldn't tell if he was trying to convince her or himself, but it felt real and genuine. And for the first time, she actually believed him.