Teenage Romance

"M'lady." Cat Noir's hand shook on his stick, the end slid open to reveal a screen with a blinking light on it. "I...I don't even know where to start. We have to meet up as soon as possible. I'm with Wisp right now. In short, we–we know who Hawkmoth is. Please...Please show up as fast as possible."

Wisp put a gentle hand on his shoulder and he smiled at her sadly. For some reason, with everything but their feelings out in the open, the tension between them had disappeared. Naya almost felt like she could accept his answer no matter what it was. Now that they'd shared so much, she knew they'd be the closest friends possible even if he didn't accept her confession. Or...had she already confessed when she'd said he'd broken her heart? She felt like laughing at the craziness of the situation.

"Wisp? You okay?" Cat Noir frowned at her. "Why're you grinning like that?"

"Sorry." We can deal with this later. "It's nothing."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Don't worry about it."

"Okay." He turned back to gazing out over the cityscape, and after a few moments Wisp settled down next to him, their feet dangling off the side of the building together. The overwhelming urge to bridge the small gap between their hands and wrap her fingers around his filled her mind but she tried to ignore it. Now wasn't the time to be figuring out their feelings.

A sudden warmth brushed against the tip of her finger and she jumped, not daring to turn as the warmth grew until her gloved hand was completely covered in it. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Cat Noir smile gently.

"Is this...okay?" he whispered, squeezing gently.

"Is it okay with you?" she whispered back, barely daring to breathe.

"Naya...how can I apologize?" Tears started filling his green eyes and he tried to blink them away. "How can I express how sorry I am for everything I've done to you? I'm so stupid, I–"

Naya squeezed his hand supportively, stoppng him. Her heart pounded in her chest but the words seemed to flow out of her with nothing stopping them. "You are stupid. That's what I love about you."

He blushed bright red and she felt her heart leap. Was this a chance? Her chance? "You really can just say that, can't you?"

"I've wanted to say it for months. I love you, A..." Her superpowered mind became aware of another presence on the rooftop behind them and she quickly amended, "A...pretty kitty like you deserves it."

"Did...I miss something?" Ladybug asked skeptically, walking silently over and Cat Noir jumped.

"M'lady!" he yelped, jumping to his feet. Wisp got up more slowly, feeling a little hurt. She felt the warmth from his hand already fading into the cool air and she wrapped her hands around each other to keep it for a little while longer.

Ladybug shook her head, sighing. "It doesn't matter, playboy. You said you...you weren't joking, were you?"

Cat Noir shook his head quickly. "Of course not! I'd never! Not about something this important!"

"Right. S-Sorry."

Wisp stared at Ladybug, a sudden, horrible realization raising in her mind. What if the red and black superhero...liked Cat Noir? What if this was jealousy? But how? She'd never seemed like she liked him. Unless she was one of those tsunderes...yeah. Wisp sighed loudly. She definitely was.

"What's wrong?" Cat Noir asked worriedly. Ladybug watched as he gently and awkwardly ran a gloved hand down her arm.

"It's nothing." She reached up and caught his hand as it reached hers before smiling up at him.

"You—"

"Ladybug," Wisp interrupted the blue haired superhero, "We'll explain everything later. For now, we need to find and defeat Gabriel."

"Gabriel!?" Ladybug stumbled back in shock, shaking her head. "You misspoke."

"I didn't."

"What? You're kidding. You really expect me to believe Gabriel Agreste is—is Hawkmoth? But he's been akumatized by him before! It's impossible!"

"Has he?" Wisp glanced at Cat Noir, who nodded sadly.

"Twice. We thought...well, we thought he couldn't akumatize himself...but I don't know why..."

"It's okay. I get where you're coming from." She squeezed his hand supportively, the movement feeling more comfortable already.

"But when I think about it," Ladybug murmured, "It makes sense. Reclusive, mysterious, a bad father," She suddenly glanced up at them suspiciously. "I mean, I'd think! I don't know his son personally, I mean, cause—"

"Ladybug!" Wisp snapped. "Sorry. Just...Can we stay on topic?"

"Right." The superhero started pacing back and forth on the roof.

Cat Noir looked down at their connected hands like he'd just realized what was happening, flushing bright pink again. "Wisp..."

"Sorry, is this not good?" She quickly started to let go but he held on, looking away to hide his bush.

"No, it's fine. I just—"

"What were you saying about staying on topic?" Ladybug snapped, stopping pacing to glare at them.

"Got a plan?" Wisp snapped back. The superhero always got on her nerves, but she felt especially exposed in this situation.

I wonder if there's a miraculous that can freeze time, so I could forget about Hawkmoth and just be happy figuring out teenage romance. What would that be? "Miraculous of the F off Hawkmoth?"

"I can't come up with anything," Ladybug sighed. "The most important thing is that Gabriel doesn't find out we know about him. How did you even figure out it was him?"

"It's a long story," Cat Noir explained before Wisp could. She decided he must've had a good lie for Ladybug and let him take the lead. "Wisp was akumatized by him, and before she was able to break away, she broke through his mental barriers and learned who he was." He smiled at her. "She's really amazing."

Wisp blushed. "Thanks."

"So Hawkmoth..." Ladybug's eyes widened. "He didn't find out your true identity, did he?"

Wisp looked away, feeling hot tears burn in her eyes again. "Yeah. And Cat Noir too. I'm sorry."

"But...how?" She looked back to Ladybug, who was staring at her in shock. "That would mean that—that you already knew his true identity, right? But that's impossible, unless–"

"Unless I'd found it out somehow." Wisp nodded, the truth of the situation finally catching up to her. "And I did."

"Wait, you didn't tell her, did you!?" Ladybug stomped up to Cat Noir, hoisting him almost off his feet by the bell. "After all the times I've warned you? This is exactly what I said would happen! What is wrong with you? Going from one crush to the next without even stopping for a breath, and then revealing your identity and getting it found out by Hawkmoth—"

"Wait!" Wisp cried, trying to pull Ladybug away. "It's my fault! I'm the one who got akumatized!"

The red superhero started to turn to her but was interrupted by Cat Noir yelling, "No, it's my fault! I'm the one who made that stupid mistake and let you find out."

"Yeah, but because of that we found out his identity!" Wisp argued. Ladybug let go of Cat Noir and sighed, holding her head.

"Okay, okay. Enough. We can focus on this later. For now, we have to come up with a plan to defeat Gabriel."

"About that," Wisp raised her hand and both Ladybug and Cat Noir turned their focus to her. She took a deep breath, then let go of his hand. "I think I have a plan."