Sleeping Curse

Jim looked first at Douxie and then down at Walt. In seconds the two were in Jim's home as Douxie Casperan once again used magic.

Mom I'm home Jim said his armour disappeared as he made his way downstairs looking at his mother who was downstairs painting

Mom do you still love Walter Strickler? Jim asked No Jim I don't are you lying to me Jim asked No I'm not Jim replied Barbara so if I told you his life is hanging in the balance you wouldn't care because you don't love him? You don't Care about him? Hanging in the balance what do you mean Jim? Barbara asked?A fresh sheen of tears formed in her eyes Jim what do you mean by his life is hanging in the balance.

He was fine at one point and the next thing Douxie and I knew he was lying on the grass in his backyard his breathing coming out in shallow gasps . Tears pricked Barbara's eyes where is he she cried looking at her son who only grabbed her hand and dragged her up the stairs and into his room.

Douxie shook his head before he spoke it's too late he stopped breathing Douxie said as Barbara fell to her knees burying her face in her hands before she crawled towards Walter burying her face in his chest crying she layed his head on her lap stroking his black hair mixed with a little bit of gray she looked at his slightly parted lips grabbing both his cheeks in her hands she kissed him.

For a long time his eyes remained closed Jim was the first one to notice his eyes flutter open he gasped and  ran into Walter's arms causing Barbara to gasp as she looked up it worked it actually worked he still loved her and she still loved him.

He couldn't be more overjoyed she still loved him he was wrong she wasn't done with him and he wasn't done with her.

Walt I love you Barbara said in a sleepy voice as she slid into bed pulling Walt down with her. Her eyes slid shut and in seconds she fell asleep

No Walt no! you'll bring him back you... You Hijo de puta you'll bring him back or I swear bring him back and I won't hurt you. Walt's face was cold beneath her hands No Walt no! bring him back Gunmar.

Barbara wake up Walter said shaking her by the shoulders

No Walt no! Mr. Strickler grabbed her wrists gently in his so she was no longer hitting him. I'll kill you for this I swear Gunmar you'll pay for what you did to him. Barbara wake up Walter said shaking her by the shoulders until her eyes opened but she was still shaking.

Hey look at me Walt said softly his hands still gently holding Barbara's wrists. Her eyes opened to see Walter holding her gently in his arms your alive Barbara cried pulling him into a tight hug one in which she didn't dare let go as she fell asleep again. But she once again woke screaming around 2:00 in the morning Walt no!

Walter once again shook her by the shoulders until her eyes opened again for hours Barbara just sat there shaking in Walter's arms I'll be right here when you wake up he said as she fell asleep.

Hush, little baby don't say a word
Papa's gonna buy you a mocking bird

And if that mocking bird don't sing
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring is brass
Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass

And if that looking glass gets broke
Papa's gonna buy you a billy goat

And if that billy goat don't pull
Papa's gonna buy you a cart and bull

And if that cart and bull turn over
Papa's gonna buy you a dog called Rover

And if that dog called Rover don't bark
Papa's gonna buy you a horse and cart

And if that horse and cart turn round
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town 

Walter sang and almost immediately Barbara relaxed and she slept soundly throughout the rest of the night.