Chapter Five ~ The Protector of the Sunny

"The surface is already so far up" Robin commented, the Sunny and her crew have been submerging deeper into the blue sea for a while already.

"What a view! Submarines can't have windows this wide!" Franky said.

"It's especially great from here" Nicole said laying down on the lawn and looking up.

"We're sinking and sinking, i can't stop worrying about flooding" Chopper said.

"Feel like we're leaving the inhabited world, it makes me nervous" Nami said.

"C-can we go back to the again for sure? I-it's not like i'm scared but" Usopp trailed off.

"It's beautiful here!" Luffy exclaimed in awe.

"Oh Chopper, now that we have a moment i'd like a word with you" Nicole said as she stood up and walked over to the reindeer "In private" she added grabbing the reindeer and carrying him away like a stuffed toy.

"What's up Nicole?" Chopper asked not bothered by her treatment, he had kinda missed it actually.

Nicole let the reindeer go once they were a bit further away from everyone and she checked if anyone was listening.

She couldn't tell if Robin was using her powers or not but if she was eavesdropping Nicole trusted the archaeologist to keep her secret.

Nicole knelt to Choppers level "So the thing is" she whispered the rest into his ear and prepared to cover his mouth because she knew he'd exclaim in shock.

"EH?! So you were-!" Chopper was cut off by Nicole putting her hand over his mouth "Shush!" she shushed him.

"Yeah, and i'd like for you to keep this secret from the others" she said.

"What? Not even Zoro why?" Chopper asked.

"Well first of all it's none of their business, and second i'll tell him myself ............ eventually" Nicole said, she was clearly nervous about telling it to Zoro.

Chopper sighed "Fine, i won't push the issue and i promise to keep it secret, but you gotta know it'll get revealed eventually" he said.

Nicole sighed too "I know, but i'll deal with that as it comes" she then smiled at the reindeer and hugged him "Thanks, by the way, Chopper" she said.

"Heh, it's not like saying that makes me happy you bastard" Chopper said dancing happily in her arms.

Nicole giggled a bit and carried the happily dancing reindeer meeting with the reindeer again, none of them questioned where she had gone as they were transfixed by the underwater view.

She let go of Chopper and made her way over to Zoro, who did question her.

"What did you want to talk to Chopper about?" he asked, a slight concern swimming in his eye.

Nicole smiled in reassurance "Don't worry about it" she told him.

Though not completely reassured Zoro did believe she'd tell him, whatever it was that bothered her, eventually.

"Look at that!" Brook called, Nami and Luffy ran over to the railing standing next to the skeleton

"Trees, no roots!" Luffy exclaimed

"Oh yeah! Come to think of it, Sabaody Archipelago consists of giant mangroves" Sanji said.

"I'm overwhelmed by the beauty of nature! I'm so surprised my eyes could pop out! I don't have eyes though" Brook laughed at his own joke.

"I've seen this already" Zoro said boredly, Nicole furrowed her brows wondering what he meant by it though she got her answer quickly.

"Yeah because you got on the wrong ship! Shut up! Everybody's having a great time!" Sanji yelled at him.