Chapter Sixteen ~ Escape the Palace

"Vander Decken is going after Shirahoshi!" Neptune started sobbing as soon as the fishman had left, fat drops of tears dropping down his face and onto the soldiers.

"I beg you-jamon, you people! I'll give you anything you want! Let me go after Decken!" the king begged straining against the chains holding him.

"You can take silver, gold and jewels or my soldiers' lives or anything! He's gonna catch Shirahoshi! My treasure Shirahoshi!" the king continued sobbing.

Hordy laughed bringing the attention to him "How pathetic Neptune, i never thought that the hateful Straw Hats would help us conquer the Ryugu Palace" he said.

"Jimbei told me there was something going on in the Fish-Man District, i can't believe you, a former proud soldier of Neptune's army, are the ringleader, shame on you Hordy!" the seahorse merman yelled at him.

Hordy laughed at that "Shame? I'd feel shame id had felt any real pride to be in Neptune's army, the only reason i joined the army was to learn fighting skills in actual combat and that's all, I became stronger thanks to you" he said.

"What do you mean?" the seahorse merman asked.

"You all have failed to notice what's been going on in the island, since i was a child i've seen Fish-Men oppressed at the hands of irrational humans, i admired Arlong's ambition to take the arrogance out of them! We're going to restore his dream! We're the New Fish-Man Pirates!" Hordy declared.

"I was training myself to become Arlong's right-hand man one day, when he set out to conquer the world from the East Blue as he planned but unfortunately he was stopped by some humans" he said walking over to a side of the wall.

"So these Fish-Men are followers of Arlong?" Usopp asked.

"Seems so" Nicole said and took a glance at Nami who didn't quite seem herself.

"What? Arlong?! Just kidding! I've never had Arlong before" Brook laughed before Usopp kicked him.

"Ouch! Hey Usopp-san, why did you kick me?" the skeletal man asked.

"Just shut up for now" the long nosed sniper told him.

"Enough with chit-chatting and let's get down to business, stay away" Hordy told his men as he touched the wall and started gripping it braking it almost entirely with brute strength alone.

The cracks caused seawater to start flowing in "Oh damn! It's a flood!" Zoro said.

"Oh this is no good! Especially for me! I'm gonna drown!" Brook started freaking out about it while Hordy laughed, then with his hands wet he took a familiar pose and started tossing the water which formed into sharp arrows.

"Those water drops are becoming arrows!" Zoro exclaimed as the water arrows traveled towards them, however before they even got close to the soldiers Nicole had sliced up the water arrows and continued slicing them even as Hordy threw more.

"Why are you defending my men?" Neptune asked shocked.

"We promised none of you would get hurt did we not?" Nicole retorted even as she continued slicing the water arrows with both her swords, even as it was clear she was struggling to do so.

Zoro glanced back at his girlfriend before stepping forward drawing Hordy's attention making the fishman stop for a moment.

"One Sword Style! Bird Dance!" Zoro called as he drew Shusui sending a flying attack which Hordy blocked with one of his own men.

"That bastard! He shielded himself with his own man!" Usopp said with Brook clinging to his back.

"Hey guys untie the soldiers" Zoro told them.