Chapter Ten ~ Blood Loss

Nicole coughed up water as she woke up and groaned rolling onto her back.

"Oh, you're awake?" a voice asked.

Nicole looked to the side and saw a rathe handsome looking merman, his golden hair matched his equally gold tail, she figured he was some type of goldfish merman.

"Seems so, you're the one that saved me? Thank you" Nicole said.

"It's no trouble, my name is Kai" the merman said giving her a smile.

"I'm Nicole" she said returning the smile before standing up "Now then, i suppose you haven't seen any of my friends so it'd be pointless to ask, so instead i'll ask you to show me around if that's okay" she said.

"Yeah, just follow me" Kai said floating up thanks to the bubble around his waist and leading the way to the nearby town.

~

"And that is why i want to work in the Mermaid Café" Kai said finishing up his life story.

"Huh? You were saying something?" Nicole asked scratching at her ear.

Kai sighed slumping down a bit "Never mind" he said.

"Look if it's your dream just go for it and don't spend the time you could be doing something to achieve your dream to talk about your life story" she told him.

"You're absolutely right, i'll do it!" Kai declared before he blinked "Hang on, i thought you weren't listening" he said.

"Oh would you look at that, there's some of my friends now, bye!" Nicole rushed out before running off after a huge floating oarfish.

"Oi Luffy!" she called.

Luffy looked over his shoulder as he was running around looking for a donor for Sanji "Nicole!" he grinned spotting her and coming to a stop as she ran over to him.

"So what's the rush for?" Nicole asked.

"Sanji's loosing a lot of blood so we gotta find a donor but there's this rule or something, so we gotta find a human" Luffy explained.

Nicole blinked "Okay" she nodded "I'll help look" she said and Luffy grinned as the two continued running around for a little while longer.

"Luffy! I found a human here!" Chopper called and the rubber man and Nicole ran back to the reindeer.

"Nicole, i'm glad you're okay" Chopper smiled seeing her with Luffy.

"Chopper, you really found a human? Do they have the same blood type? Are they willing to donate?" Luffy asked all at once.

"Yeah!" the reindeer replied happily, they got Sanji off the oarfish and took him inside and to the backroom of the Mermaid Café where Chopper hooked up the cook to the donor.

~

It was a nerve wrecking but eventually Sanji started to come too.

"Sanji! Are you awake?" Chopper asked.

"Sanji-chin" Camie called as the cook as he woke up.

"Where am i?" Sanji asked, Chopper, Luffy and Usopp sighed in relief and even Nicole relaxed, though there was one person she was worried about more, a meathead moss head that had zero sense of direction.

"What a relief" Chopper said.

"We're in a town at the harbor, Sanji-chin you lost almost all the blood from your body, we also happened to run into Nicole-chin while here" Camie explained.

"I'm so glad that we found a blood donor" Chopper said.

"Oh blood" Sanji trailed off before sitting up "What's wrong with me?" he wondered looking at all the tubes connected to him.