Chapter Fourteen ~ A Big Misunderstanding

"Oh boy, when can we have a banquet? How long do we have to wait?" Usopp wondered outloud.

"My stomach is growling but i don't have a stomach to growl" Brook laughed at his own joke.

"Hey?" Nami asked.

"Yes?" Brook replied.

"It doesn't look like we're having a banquet any time soon" Nami said as the soldiers surrounded them.

"Does this mean that we've landed ourselves in trouble?" Usopp asked.

Nicole sighed "It was bound to happen eventually" she said.

"What should we do?" Camie fretted.

"I'm sorry that you came all the way here but we've just received a call, you Straw Hat people are suspects in two ongoing investigations" the catfish merman said swimming over to them.

"Suspects? What do you mean?" Usopp asked.

"First, for multiple counts of Mermaid kidnapping! Second you people are suspected of being a potential risk to the Fish-Man island due to Madam Sharley's prevision" the catfish merman explained.

Nicole's brow twitched and she narrowed her eyes at the catfish fishman, a growl building up in her throat.

"First, you have no proof! Second, you can't possibly tell if the prevision will actually happen!" she yelled.

"Shut up!" some soldier told her and Nicole pinned them with her glare.

"What's wrong with them?" Nami asked.

"Is this the right thing to do?" Neptune wondered.

"Therefore, we're here to take you people into custody! Catch them at any cost! We have to protect Fish-Man island!" the catfish merman ordered the soldiers to attack, ignoring everything Nicole had said.

Nicole tisked putting a hand on her sword "You guys are pissing me off!" she declared as some of the soldiers attacked but the Straw Hats fought them off.

"Catch them! They're just four humans!" the catfish merman told his soldiers.

"What're you gonna do?" Pappagu asked.

"Guys, if you resist more you're really gonna become criminals!" Camie told them floating above the fight thanks to the bubble around her waist.

"But there is no reason for us to obey them, Camie-san" Brook said

"These guys are set on making us criminals either way" Nicole said.

"I was looking forward to a banquet at the Ryugu Palace" Nami lamented.

"They'll just arrest us if we don't resist, they made an unthinkable accusation against us first!" Usopp said.

"We will fight them forever if that's what they want" Brook said drawing his cane sword.

"They're so strong even without the captain!" one soldier said.

"Can't believe it" another said.

"I don't know what we're gonna do in the future, but you can't arrest us now for things we haven't done" Usopp said.

"The nose guy wasn't ever that remarkable, was he?" Pappagu asked Camie.

"Brook-chin and Nami-chin became stronger than two years ago as well, Nicole-chin seems pretty much the same though" Camie said.

"You haven't seen anything yet" Nicole told her with a smirk.

"See? That's the prologue to the future that has been predicted" the catfish merman said.