Chapter 10

The doorbell rang and Steve and Eddie ran downstairs, opening it to see Robin and Nancy. Robin was holding two liquor bottles and Nancy was holding bags of Chinese food.

"Hey, come in." Steve welcomed the ladies inside before closing the door.

"We're so happy for you, Eddie." Nancy smiled.

Robin nodded. "So happy."

"Thanks, guys." Eddie nodded and smiled before taking the bags of food from Nancy and taking them into the kitchen.

The other three followed him and Robin set the liquor bottles on the counter. "We've got vodka. We've got rum. Please, Steve, tell me you have mixers."

"Always." Steve nodded and opened his fridge to show a variety of sodas, seltzers, and juices in the door.

The four mixed themselves drinks and then got into the food. They figured Eddie was well enough off to drink too. Besides, they were celebrating.

Steve spoke up, "Let's eat while we watch something."

They walked into the living room and Steve turned on the tv. A repeat episode of Golden Girls was on. Steve smiled. It reminded him of when he and Eddie were in the hospital, Eddie didn't even make fun of Steve for liking it. Steve loved Eddie so much.

The four sat on the couch; Steve, Eddie, Robin, and Nancy.

"Hope this is okay." Steve looked at everyone.

Eddie looked back knowingly. "Fine with me."

The girls nodded.

They each went through two drinks as they ate, feeling relaxed and happy.

"Nance, I gotta tell you something." The liquid courage flowed through Steve as he spoke. "Me and Eddie are- well, we're kind of a thing now. Like... a couple."

Nancy's jaw dropped and after a moment of surprise she said something. "I'm really happy for you." She smiled at Steve and then at Eddie.

"Thank you." The two men spoke in unison.

Once they finished eating, they fought over what movie to watch. They finally decided that since they were celebrating Eddie, he should get to choose.

"Rocky Horror, anyone?" Eddie smirked.

"Hell yes." Robin nodded at him.

Nancy and Steve didn't protest, just happy to be in good company.

Steve sat back and put an arm around Eddie after starting the movie.

Steve was amused to learn that Eddie knows every line... and every dance number. "You'll have to dance for me later, Eds." He teased.