Chapter 7: Seating Arangements

I ran up to Charles' office not even bothering to knock as I opened the door.

"Hey Charlie I'm so sorry. My phone was on silent."

Charlie is organizing files on his desk and I can't help but smile that he's still using my method.

"It's okay, were you busy?"

I feel my cheeks flush slightly, "Umm, no I was just discussing stage stuff with Harry for sound check. Something about a cable that kept getting tangled, but we figured it out."

Charles stared at me for a second and I smiled softly before he spoke, "Okay. Glad you figured it out." He looked back down at his piles, moving the same ones around.

"So what did you need me for?"

"Oh right," he folded his hands in front of him on the desk, "I need you to stay for the wrap up tonight, and then we are all going to dinner with Harry, the band and his team after. I got the Strand in Manhattan to stay open until late for us."

"Oh that's great, okay. They have fish options right because Harry's pescatarian."

"It's by the ocean, so obviously." He said flatly to me.

"Oh," I raised an eyebrow at him, "okay."

I felt so awkward by his mood, thankfully my phone alarm went off for me to start my stopwatch. I started ordering Harry's lunch so it would arrive in time for when he finished his sound check, as Charles explained to me further.

"Once the sound check is over I need you to gather everyone in the hall to make it easier so I can announce the dinner and what time everyone should arrive aft....Maggie are you paying attention?"

I peek my eyes up at him and nod, "Yes Charles, sound check ends, everyone in the hall. I'm just ordering Harry's food. I'm trying to stick to my schedule as well."

"You should just hand Harry to Anita so you have time for other things."

I hit the order button on Harry's food order and crossed my arms in front of my chest, holding my binder against me.

"Anita already handles all his band, some of the crew and shares you with me. The main act and opening act have always been mine. I do my job just well thank you. I've never had a problem multi-tasking."

His expression softened and he took a deep breath, "You're right I'm sorry."

"What's your problem today Charles?"

"Nothing, just dinner. Making sure everything goes smoothly."

I take a deep breath, and manage a smile, "You know I'm here Charlie. I live and breathe event planning."

"I know. But yeah, just please gather everyone in the hall, including the crew. Everyone has to be at the restaurant at midnight, okay?"

"Sounds good, I'll start spreading word to gather."

"Thanks Maggie, for everything you do. Don't forget I really appreciate you."

"Anytime Charles." I smiled and made my way out.

I text Anita quickly.

M: Everyone needs to gather in the hall in about 45 mins, when the sound check is over. Help me spread the word please.

We all arrived at dinner on time, I stood at the trunk of my car searching for my black blazer. Anita creeped up behind me, tickling my sides, "Hiiiii pretty lady."

I jumped and hit my head on the trunk door, "Aye Anita! Hi."

"Sorry, what are you still doing outside?"