Chapter 22: Control

AN: Um, I am 100 reads away from 1k! Thank you so much! Also currently ranking #1 in the harryedwardstyles hashtag, and I'm finally showing up in the teenromance & teenfiction hashtag so thank you all! And don't forget to keep voting.

Anita smiled at me in the mirror as she curled my hair, "Funny, I'm getting so much deja vu." She giggled pinning the curl up. She had worked a cute 60s inspired hairstyle on me, and was now curling the loose pieces.

"I know, and I still owe you drinks for being right." She nodded and we both laughed.

"I know, Harry's been hogging up your time, I miss you."

"I know, I'm sorry. He's traveling in between shows the next two weeks, for press for his and Olivia's movie, so, I just wanted to take in a bit of stability this week."

Anita nodded, pinning up the last curl and spraying hairspray on my head, "I'm just teasing Maggie, I know."

"I'm sorry Olivia made you cry and I wasn't there Anita."

Anita shook her head, anger clearly on her face, "It's fine. She was clearly and obviously making sure you weren't anywhere. I don't know how we are going to function these next two weeks."

I half smiled, "I know. At least we get breaks? This week, we are off, off, on, on, off, on, and on."

"True. So is Harry going to be gone every off day?"

"The first two, yes, not the last two. The next week, he's gone for four days straight though, mmm." I pouted softly.

"I'm sorry Mags."

"It's fine, I guess," I bit my lip looking down at my hands, "It would be fine I mean. It's just—Olivia." Anita interrupted me, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, Olivia."

"Maggie, I just don't trust her. I've seen the way she moves. How she gets her way."

I took a deep breath nodding my head, not looking up to her, the doubt I had kept locked up this week slowly creeping out. Anita noticed the pain in my face and quickly kneels down in front of me, "I'm sorry, I don't know when to shut my mouth. Tonight wasn't the time. Harry is obviously crazy about you Mags. He wouldn't deal with all this stress if he didn't. He would just say, 'Margarita, I prefer Martinis!'"

I burst out laughing and Anita quickly joined, "Anita, you know, I don't tell you, ever, but you really are my best friend."

Anita smiled real big before reaching out and hugging me, "And you're mine," she pulled away, "And no best friend of mine steps down without a fight."

I nodded and smiled, "Nope. I'm a fighter."

"There is no lie there. Now let's get your makeup on, Harry said you couldn't be late."

Anita pulled up to a random building in LA, and stopped at the front door, "Well this is it. Harry said for you to take the elevator to the top floor, then there is a door on the right when you get off that leads to the roof."

"Sounds like he's about to murder me."

Anita and I both laughed and she leaned over to hug me, "Have the greatest time today. Love ya!"

"Love ya too. Thank you again, for everything."

Anita smiled, waving me off as I got out of the car. I turned to look at her one more time before heading inside. The lobby area was small, and a blonde woman sat at the front desk, she smiled at me almost as if she knew.

I pushed the elevator button and straightened out my red dress as I waited for it to arrive. I had bought a red midi dress, with a bit of a poof on the skirt, and a square neckline which I loved against my frame, and how it emphasized my collarbones. Anita kept calling me Allie from the Notebook and I just kept rolling my eyes, especially when she used it to convince me to wear red lipstick.