Chapter 11: Girlfriend

Thursday comes by quickly and my sister and I are getting ready in my apartment. I've made mocktails and the frozen taquitos we love.

Becca is sitting on the floor in front of my closet mirror finishing her makeup as I walk up behind her analyzing myself in the mirror. Becca has picked out my outfit and I felt like a totally different person. I had a yellow strapless crop top with a sequined sun on the front and a pair of light wash flare jeans with different patches of light wash denim sewed onto them. I had straightened my hair and wore light face makeup, but a lot of my favorite blush.

"You look good Mags." She smiled at me, as she popped on some lip gloss, "The yellow makes you look even happier than I know you are."

I can't help but roll my eyes as I turn back to my bed to grab my tiny clutch and put everything I need inside. I make sure the backstage passes are in there.

"Well I'm ready whenever you are."

"I just need to pee before we go." She says standing up and running to my bathroom. Her purple glitter dress leaving remnants behind it.

I sit on my bed and pop on my chunky white sandals, then grab my phone and text Harry.

M: We are on our way in five minutes :)

H: Can't wait.

We played the Fine Line album the whole way to the concert and all the songs that used to be background noise to me all of a sudden felt really important. I surprised myself by knowing more words than I thought.

"You know I'm going to have to thank Harry tonight." Becca smiled.

"For getting you backstage when I couldn't?"

"Well yeah that," she smiled at me as I drove, "But for getting you to finally sing these songs with me."

I laughed at her and she joined in.

We pulled into the artist loading and the valet took my car. I walked around and handed my sister her backstage pass and we both placed them around my neck.

As we walked in we bumped into Roger and I couldn't help but laugh as he whistled at me, "Okay Maggie, you look good!" He said hugging me and I blushed,

"Thanks Roger."

"Hi Becca," he smiled, hugging her, "I haven't seen you since last year! When did you get tall?"

"It's the shoes, don't let it trick you." She laughed.

"Maggie, Anita said to find her before you go to Harry's room."

"Got it. See you later Rog!"

We walked away and I looked at my watch. Anita should be near the band's dressing rooms so we made our way in that direction.

We found her as she walked out of Mitch's dressing room, "Hi Nita!"

She turned and looked at me with a big smile on her face, "Oh my gosh you both look so cute!! Mags, you match Harry, not even lying."

My eyes widened a bit, "Shut up?"

"I'm serious, kinda cute." She laughed before turning to hug Becca, "Hey Becca, can I show you where you're going to be tonight, while your sister says hi to Harry?"

"Anita it's okay she can come with me."

She looks at me, "He asked to talk to you before the show in private."

"Oh, okay. Is that fine Becca?"

She nodded, turning to Anita, "Come on weirdo, show me to my throne."