Chapter 28: Falling

I slept the rest of the day and the next not waking up until almost 6. Harry had been in the living room the whole time writing and recording for his next album. I briefly remember the voices and music in my sleep.

I finally get up and look down at what I'm wearing, all of Harry's clothes, I don't even remember changing into them. I take a deep breath, making my way out of the room, stopping at the living room doorway, as I hear Harry singing. I stay quiet incase they are recording, smiling at him in the makeshift recording booth.

When he was done, he popped the headphones off and smiled at me, "Hey you. Guys this is the inspiration for Matilda."

I waved shyly, and Harry called me over, patting his lap. I walked over and stood in front of him between his legs.

"Want to try?" He smiled at me.

"Babe, I cannot sing." I half laughed.

"It's okay they can make it sound like you can." He kissed my cheek, "What's your favorite song of mine?"

"You know until recently I didn't have one?" He looked at me slightly offended and I laughed, "I wasn't your biggest fan and you know that."

"Yeah, yeah, I was just that one guy from that one band." We both laughed, "Alright so what is it then?"

"Falling." I smiled softly.

"I like that one too. Okay, pick a part."

"Umm, from the Beachwood cafe line."

He nodded and turned to the producers, "Do you all still have the track saved?"

"Yeah Harry, let us sync it up."

Once everything was ready, he placed one headphone on my ear and turned the other to face his ear, "I'll count you down okay? Ready?"

I nodded and he let them know to start the music, counting me down and I began singing, "And the coffee's out, at the Beachwood Cafe. And it kills me 'cause I know we've run out of things we can say. What am I now? What am I now? What if I'm someone I don't want around. I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling."

Harry signals for them to cut the music and he lowers the earphones, staring at me with an eyebrow raised, "I'm sorry babe, but you're full of shit you know that?"

"What?" I giggle and the producers laugh.

"You literally sat here and told me you couldn't sing, and then you do that. That....was really good Mags."

I feel myself blush and shake my head, "You have to say that."

"I don't have to say shit Maggie, that was good."

I hid my face and he hugged me kissing my cheek, "I claim this very moment. I discovered you."

I roll my eyes and he tickles my side, "Harold!" I turn in his arms and kiss him softly.

"Alright guys, I think that's a wrap for today. I'm off again tomorrow, so we can finish it out." He smiled at the guys, and they nodded starting to clean up.

"Did you get a lot done?" I smiled at him, running my fingers along his stubble.

"Yeah actually. It felt nice to just be able to relax and concentrate on this."

I smiled, "How upset are the fans?"

"They are blaming Olivia and it's kinda funny."

I can't help but laugh and he joins in, "You didn't have to cancel Harry."

"I did, you needed me. I couldn't leave you." He ran his fingers through my hair, "How are you today?"

"Well I feel rested, I think that was a big part of my stress, I'm still scared obviously. I want to go back tonight, but I think I should wait until morning. I need just a little more sleep."