Chapter 33: Matilda

AN: I think after this, the next chapter or two might be the last! CRAZY! 🥹❤️

"Maggie, I need to explain. Please, Olivia she—Get out of my room, get out Harry. Get out, get out, please." I interrupted him quickly.

He began to walk away when Charles entered the room, his voice stern, "Harry please leave."

Charles crawled into bed with me and I buried my face in his chest crying. The look of pain on Harry's face flashing through my mind, and more tears coming. I couldn't handle all of this anymore, I didn't want to feel anymore. I felt like I was about to explode.

I heard the door shut and whispered to Charles, "I can't see him right now. Please don't let him in here anymore,"

Charles sighed but didn't say anything, he just held me until I once again fell asleep.

I woke up later that night and stared at Anita asleep on the chair in my mom's room. I bit my lip, before calling out to her, my throat felt on fire from all the crying, "Nita?"

It took her a while to wake up, but after the third time calling her she rubbed her eyes, "Hey Maggie, are you okay?"

I nodded my head, whispering, "Did he leave?"

"Who? Harry?"

"Yeah,"

"Yes and no. He's not in the house, but he's been parked outside. He's still there, Charles took him food and a blanket earlier."

I nodded, playing with the loose threads of the blanket.

"Maggie, I believe him. I called Megan, and everything he told me was true. He didn't kiss her intentionally. He didn't even know it was happening."

"How do you not know when you are kissing someone." I shot back quickly.

"Mags, Olivia slipped something in his drink. Megan is certain of it. Jeff and Olivia were too calm when Megan finally came back to take Harry home. They wouldn't let her near him. They tried to send her home but she refused."

I bit my lip, "I just can't handle it all right now."

"I know. No one is making you. But you should know. He's distraught right now. I just want you to trust that it's not what you are making in your head."

"He promised he wouldn't kiss her, that was just for me. His kisses were just for me."

"Maggie, I don't think he kissed her. I think she kissed him. Megan made it sound that way."

I just nodded before turning away from Anita, crying softly.

"I love you Mags." She whispered.

"Me too."

Harry's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling like my neck was going to snap in half. I rubbed my eyes looking at the time, it was 10, I would have to head home soon to be on time for the concert.

I was surprised when there was a knock on my car window, and it was Becca. I opened the door, sliding out of the back seat stretching my body.

"Morning Becks." I half smiled.

"Morning, we got you some food and coffee."

"Thanks," I said, rubbing my face, wiping away the sleep.

"I'm sorry for slapping you, Anita explained everything."

"It's okay, in your mind I deserved it. I get it." I said taking the coffee and egg sandwich from her, sitting on the curb in front of my car.