Chapter 10: Complication #1

I walk into my apartment and I'm on some weird form of cloud nine that I can't get off of. I take a look around my apartment, and there are open chip bags on the coffee table, and a half eaten pizza box on my kitchen counter.

"Becca." I whisper to myself as I make my way to my room.

I open my bedroom door, and there she is, on my bed, in my sweats eating popcorn and watching a movie.

"Why are you so messy? Everywhere you go. Does mom know you're here?"

She rolls her eyes pausing the movie, "I'll clean up, and yes I told her I was staying here."

"Why are you staying here?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Ew, rude. Because I love my sister that's why. Jesus."

"And the real reason?" I say sitting on the bed and taking off my heels, tying up my hair into a bun.

She crawls over and lays on her stomach next to me, "I wanted to know about the date before Anita."

"Bingo," I say, pushing her head softly as I get up and walk over to my drawer getting out underwear and clothes to change into, "I'll tell you after my shower."

"Maggie come on! Tell me now!"

I can't help but laugh as I head out to shower.

When I come out of the shower back into my room I'm fully dressed and Becca is laying on her back staring at the ceiling. I crawl into bed next to her and poke her cheek.

She turns to face me and props her head up on her hand, leaning on her elbow, "Soooo, how was it?"

"Horrible."

She pushes herself up, sitting cross legged facing me, "Shut up, what happened? Are you okay?"

I laugh a little, "It went horribly well, Becks."

I try to smile, but I can't.

"Then why the sad face?"

I bite my lip, "Because nothing can happen. At least not now. And there is still the whole Olivia thing. I'm not going to be someone's second, or side."

She nods her head softly, "Did he kiss you?"

I laugh softly, "No, but he held my hands, kinda, for a little. And we hugged."

"How are you living my fantasy? You don't even like him." She falls back on her back next to me.

"Well, I like him now. Well at least the Harry I'm getting to know."

She stays quiet for a bit before taking a deep breath, "I don't want you to get hurt though. I don't like that his explanation for Olivia was that it's complicated."

"I know. I'll talk to him about it eventually," I played with my comforter before whispering, "He asked me about dad."

She turned her head towards me, "What did you say?"

"Nothing, I had brought something up to him a couple days ago, about mom and her saying that we prayed his looks away. So I think he thought I would say more."

"Ahhh, got it. But he doesn't have Charles' level of trust yet."

I laughed a little, because she was right. After everything with my dad, Charles was the first man to be able to gain my trust. He helped my family when we were in need, and never asked for anything in return. I watched as he took care of my mom and sister, and I swore to myself, I would forever owe everything to him.

"That's true, first man after dad that I actually trusted. Weirdly though, Harry has this aura about him that makes you feel so comfortable and relaxed. I can't explain it."