Chapter thirty-three

(Before you start reading this chapter get ur to spotify and play to die for by sam smith)

It's been hours since Xander was thrown in here, his pulse was more stable but he was still not able to stay conscious for long. I told him to sleep, he needed sleep to regain energy.

Every time I looked at him I felt my heart ache, the sight of him being this hurt, made me want to puke.

I've only once in my life seen Xander Romero nearly vulnerable, and that was the night he got shot. Even then Xander had the energy to ask me who the f I was, even then Xander had the same sass and same powerful voice, Xander had always shown his strong put together side.

Now I sat here, Xander Romero laying in my arms.
Xander wasn't put together anymore, it looked like he had been torn into pieces.
Xander's beautifully carved face was full of dried blood, Xander's rock hard body was now soft and fragile, full of cuts and wounds, as if they drew on him with knives.
Xander's voice wasn't as powerful anymore, it was broken.

This made me realize, I never wanted to see Xander like this again. Ever.

I felt myself falling asleep, pinching myself for the fourth time so I could give in.
I couldn't fall asleep before I knew he was doing better.
My hand traveled to his forehead, and then his face, he was ice cold.

I slowly placed his head on my lap instead of my chest, as I took off my jacket, leaving me in only a thin singlet. Remind me to wear more the next time I get kidnapped after clubbing.
I placed the jacket at his naked upper body, and slowly placed his head on my chest again as I wrapped my arms around him, hoping it would warm him up.

"I could stay like this forever" A fragile whisper left his lips, telling me that he was awake.

My eyes traveled to his face, his eyes were still closed, and his lips were in a straight line as he snuggled closer to me, I don't think he was fully aware of our surroundings or the situation we were in.

"Xander" I let out, "You're going to be okay I promise."
He tried to move his arms, but they were too weak, I hated the thought of what they've been through.
I grabbed the rest of the water that was placed here earlier and made him drink it slowly but surely.
He was regaining his strength, I watched as his eyes slowly opened.

He scanned my body, and then his eyes laid on the jacket around him, "no." he said as he tried to take it off, but the pain was too strong, I tightened my grip around him so he couldn't move.
"I'm fine, it's not cold, you're just wounded, stop" I lied, it was freezing in here but he needed that jacket way more than I did.

"I'm getting you out of here" He whispered, I shook my head.
How could he be thinking of that when he was in this state, "I'm the one Lorenzo wants, I'm not going to let him hurt you."
He risked his life to save me, and even in all of this mess, he was still thinking about me.

"What happened to your parents?" I asked, trying to make him talk more, to make sure he's staying conscious.
"They're dead." He answered, shortly.
I wasn't sure if it was right of me to ask, but he knew everything about me, and I felt like I had the right to get to know him too, "how?".

Xander let out a sigh, a weak one at best.
"My dad killed my mother, and shortly after he died too, poisoned by an enemy." Enemy.
By the sounds of it, it didn't sound like Lorenzo and Xander were on the same side when it came to their parent's death.

"Lorenzo mentioned something about the oldest one having the right to be the head of the family"

Silence.

"The oldest brother is supposed to be the head of the family, me and Lorenzo were closer than ever until the age of thirteen when my father decided that I should be the head when he passed." Xander broke the silence, "I didn't want to, it wasn't my plan, but then" he stopped for a second.