Chapter fifty-six

I'm going to murder this man.

Two weeks, he's been here two weeks. Right next door.
Amalie was supposed to be gone for only three days but she's still not back yet. She said that there was some urgent last-minute business, but I'm starting to doubt it. I think the reason she's not back yet is the annoying new neighbor we have.

I don't know how he managed to move in there so fast, but he's been next door for two entire weeks. Altough I don't see him, I still feel him following me to the clinic and then back again when I'm done. Every day when I come home there's a new daisy placed on my bed, of course he's managed to get a key somehow. And every day, I throw the daisy in the trash to make it clear, but he doesn't seem to take the hint.

Today is my free day, yet here I am waking up at 6 am because someone is knocking on the door.

"What.do.you.want" I say angrily, as I open the door not even needing to look to know who it is. My hair is a mess, and my eyes are tired. To top that, I'm only wearing an oversized shirt because I jolted out of bed when the doorbell rang.
"Good morning to you too sunshine" You can take that sunshine and shove it up where the sun doesn't shine.

God I feel irritated, its way too early. And now I feel bad for Bruno because this is how he must've felt when I woke him up every day, trying to annoy Xander. I miss Bruno, a lot.
"Xander I swear to- What are you doing?!" He walks straight past me with bags in his arms, letting them down inside as if he's moving in.

"I'm moving in" he says, with a smile plastered on his face. Is he actually out of his mind? He must be, there's no other explanation, he's gone crazy.
"No, you're not." I answer back, "get your bags and go back to your apartment. It's already bad enough having you as a neighbor." He puts a hand on his chest and pretends like something hit him, "Ouch."

He looks at me up and down in disapproval, "we had a deal, remember?"
I knit my brows, unsure of what deal we had that could lead do this. Then it hits me.
He's not happy with my weight loss, he made it very much clear the second he came here that I've lost way too much weight for it to be healthy. I argued and said that he had lost weight too, although not as drastically but that didn't hold up, he told me that if I didn't start eating more and got back to a healthier weight he would come and make sure I did, I never said yes though.

"For a deal to be set, both parties must agree." I state, putting on a sarcastic smile. "Now get out." I point at the door as I open it wider to show him just how unwelcome he is. He doesn't budge, it doesn't even seem like he's listening. Instead, he grabs his bags and goes to the living room.
"Xander!" I scold, following right behind him as he ignores me.

He heads right to the fridge and opens it shaking his head right away in more disapproval.
"Where's all the food I bought?" He asks, and a genuine smile pulls on my lips as I answer, "I gave it away." Earning an annoyed glare from him. Success.
"Guess I'll just buy more" He mutters.

I sink my shoulders as I feel my eyes grow heavy again,
"Xander I'm serious, you're not moving in here." He looks at me with a bored expression showing that he doesn't care if what I say because he wasn't asking for approval. I roll my eyes and let out a sigh, way too tired to handle him right now. "You know what, I don't care. Do whatever you want as long as you don't bother me, don't talk to me and surely don't expect to sleep in the same room as me."

He nods, "I'll sleep on the sofa."
He's not giving in, as if he gets paid to be a pain in the ass. "Whatever, I'm going back to sleep." And with that I head back to my room, locking the door and falling right back to sleep.

Hours later I wake up, because of the alarm blaring through the apartment. I rush out of bed and run out of my room to locate the fire, and my eyes land at Xander. He's standing there with a pan on fire, as he puts it in the sink and tries to put out the fire with water.