Chapter 3

King Viserys stands in the gates of kings landing with Queen Alicent by his side.
11 year old Aegon and 9 year old Aemond stand side by side their sister with Alicent and Viserys.
While Rhaenerya stands at the back silently with Laenor.
Everyone is here. Everyone except Daemon. As the horse and carriage arrives with Arryn guards approaching the red keep.

Viserys throws Aemond a look to indicate for him to be nice to Emerys. Within a few moments the carriage comes to a holt. As everyone awaits to see her.
First Rhea Royce steps out of the carriage in a dark blue dress her light copper hair up in a bun. As she suddenly takes the hand of the young 8 year old girl.

She steps out with her long auburn hair kept back in a ponytail as she innocently glances around the red keep. Rhea takes her hand and guides the young girl forward.
Aemond looks at the girl and isn't impressed.
She had one tooth missing. Baby teeth falling out for adult teeth to come in. Her hair shined copper and her eyes deep sea blue. Her face was circular shaped and she had big round doe eyes and a pink nose.

Aemond was expecting a tall , confident, ethereal, silver haired beauty. Not this smaller red haired girl. Emery looked up at Aemond. Taller with a slim face and pointy nose. Piercing icy eyes. And long silver hair. No colour to his face like Emerys does. He already intimidated Emerys.

Aemond hesitates almost disappointed with the girl he sees before him until he hears the sound of someone coughing. Glancing over his shoulder he sees Alicent pulling a face convincing him to approach her. Aemond clears his throat and awkwardly approaches Emerys. As she looks up at the boy towering over her nervously.

"Hello" he responds
"Hello" Emerys responds back in a soft voice. Suddenly Aemond hears a cackle looking over his shoulder at Aegon who is giggling at Emerys. Embarrassing Aemond. As Emerys smile slowly fades realising he is laughing at her. She quietly lowers her head.

Suddenly Viserys steps forward
"It is wonderful to meet you Emerys. I'm king Viserys but please. Call me uncle. I hope you feel comfortable on your visit here and everyone makes you feel at home" Viserys says
As the smile grows back on her little face.
"Thank you uncle Viserys" is all she can say while cuddling her wooden toy she brought from the vale.

Emerys spends the summer in kings landing being mistreated by everyone around her. Being Egged by Aegon and Aemond.
Constantly pushed over and made fun of for her hair.
Being called a bastard.
She was even thrown into the river.
The torment happened for weeks yet Emerys would still smile and still be kind.

Until the day of the dragon. The day Emerys would enter the dragon pit and be made to attempt to mount a dragon. After 4 hours Emerys was unsuccessful in every attempt to mount a dragon and was considered illegitimate. Her engagement to Aemond cancelled and she was sent back home to the vale in shame to live out the rest of her days.