Chapter 10

Emerys stands alongside Genevieve, Thyri  and Tora in the audience at the sept of Baelor watching Aegon and Helaena's wedding.
Emerys had grown closer to Helaena in the months coming up to the wedding. When she had becomes stressed and overwhelmed Helaena always found a way to calm her.

Emerys was sure why but Helaena had taken her under her wing. Just like Gisla had. Emerys and Gisla were still close but she was more weary and panicky.
Gisla stood beside Aemond near the alter as Aegon and Helaena wrapped a white clothed around there hands
"I am his and he is mine for this day and the rest of our days"
"I am hers and she is mine for this day and the rest of our days"

The crowd cheered in celebration when Helaena and Aegon were finally Husband and wife. Emerys clapped alongside Gisla's other ladies. Kila stood beside Emerys and smiled down at her. Emerys smiled back. Something Aemond noticed when he was clapping and glanced at the crowd. Gisla looked at Aemond. She was taller than him and it looked strange for them to snap together especially since Gisla was three years older than him.
Aemonds eye lingers of Emerys for a few seconds before he snaps back to reality and looks forward as Aegon and Helaena walk together

That evening Visery smiles as his son and daughter dance at there wedding Aegon didn't smile once but Helaena did with her sweet smile. After the dance was over he stormed off even though Helaena wanted to continue she sadly walked over to the dining table and lowered her head disappointed.

Emerys notices this and gently approaches Helaena. Aemond looks at Emerys with annoyance seeing her approach the table
"Would you like to dance Helaena?" Emerys asks
"But we are two woman?" Helaena questions
"Why does that matter" Emerys smiles as she grabs her hand and guides her back onto the dance floor Emerys also grabs the arms of Genevieve, Thyri , Gisla and Tora they all link arms with Helaena who now has the sweetest and pleased smile on her lips as all the girls begin to spin and dance.

Emerys swivels and spins and laughs. Aemonds face drops looking at her dance
How can one person who failed so much in life appear so cheery all the time? He wondered
Nothing ever seemed to break her. Nothing. How could one be so happy with nothing?

All the girls giggle and smile at first Alicent and Otto look up in horror but once they see the smile and happiness in Helaena both of them relaxed pleased to see her so happy. Viserys was also smiling while Aegon rolled his eyes and Aemond kept his eyes fixated on Emerys.

Emerys looks out at the balcony later that evening when she sees a dark shadowy figure overhead right infront of her eyes was Vhagar. The very dragon of Visenya Targaryen. Emerys eyes widen in amazement as she giggles and wows leaning over the balcony for a closer look.

"Have you never seen a dragon before?" Aemond asks appearing from behind her
"I have just never this close especially not Vhagar" Emerys says
"Who would've thought that I'd be the one to claim the biggest dragon in the world" he announces leaning on the balcony beside her looking at Vhagar

"How did you do it?" Emerys asks as the wind blows her hair in her face
"I didn't run in the face of death and I took a risk" be simply responds
"I always knew you'd claim a dragon" Emerys says
"I'm sorry you couldn't" Aemond replies

Emerys rolls her eyes
"Why are you like this" Emerys snaps
"Like what?" Aemond asks
"One minute you are cruel the next you are being kind? You confuse me so much!" Emerys yells
"I'm sorry I don't know..." Aemond says suddenly locking eyes with Emerys

Both lose in each other's confusion when Aemond steps forward planting an innocent kiss on Emerys lips. Emerys pauses in shock her cheeks turning red her stomach churns with butterflies. Aemond's chest heaves not able to comprehend what just came over him. He blinks in confusion as does she.
"I shouldn't have done that" he says suddenly storming past her and disappearing leaving Emerys alone with her shock.

Then it hit her Gisla. Gisla would never forgive her. She was an awful friend. Tears fill in her eyes as she suddenly sobs into the balcony as rain begins to pour down onto her. She was so confused. So lost.

Alicent watched from inside realising what Aemond had done. She realised how complicated this situation was.
Emerys returned and Gisla tried to dance with her but Emerys returned to her room needing to think.
"Whats wrong?" Gisla asks following her into her room
"He kissed me." Emerys answers honestly

"What who did?" Gisla asks
"Aemond." Emerys whispers her body shaking
Gisla pauses eyes wide in disbelief
"What?" She gasps
"Just now." Emerys answers
"He kissed me on the balcony" Emerys whispers

Gisla's face turns to a heartbroken frown
"I can't believe this" she whispers in betrayal
"I'm so sorry Gisla" Emerys whispers
"NO YOU ARE NOT. STAY AWAY FROM ME....YOU YOU BASTARD!!" Gisla snaps and storms out of her room slamming the door aggressively

Emerys cries out even more. Realising everything had been ruined.
Aemond stands at the courtyard alone as Emerys approaches him to speak to him to talk about what happened.

"Aemond?" Emerys asks
"Dont talk to me bastard" he sneers
"Excuse me?" She asks innocently her heart breaking even more
"You heard me you illegitimate snake. Stay away from me" he snarls pushing her into the dirt as Emerys eyes widen in shock tearing up confused yet  again

Gisla doesn't speak to Emerys for weeks. Neither does her ladies. Aemond is even crueller to her after kissing her and there are talks of her being banned once again and she had no parents go comfort her. Emerys wanted to end it all.