Chapter 7

"So the ceremony is tonight Emerys. I hope you can join us all" Gisla says to Emerys as she stands beside Gisla's other ladies Tora Baratheon , Thyri Martell and and Genevieve lannister.

"I don't remember any of the dances as I haven't been in the red keep for years." Emerys says as Genevieve places her hand upon her shoulder showing support to the new girl
"Follow on from everyone else. Everyone has to participate in it. You move around and find another dance partner. You can learn while you do it" Gisla says

"I have provided all you with beautiful blue dresses for the ceremony the exact same one to show you are my ladies. Tonight will be wonderful." Gisla says as Emerys tries to prevent her body from shaking.

All ladies are put in the matching elegant blue gowns with their hair braided how they want

All ladies are put in the matching elegant blue gowns with their hair braided how they want. Emerys's long hair is braided into a half up half down look which matches her elegant features yet more wild side. The dress fitted Emerys like a glove as the maids tightened the dress around her waist. Alongside the other ladies.
All girls looked beautiful but Emerys stood out from the girls even Gisla with her ethereal almost Valyrian like beauty.
The ceremony would begin with King Viserys upon his throne however he had beginning to feel rather unwell and a mask had recently been placed upon the left side of his face. He would sit and watch. Alongside his wife Alicent.

Gisla would be called individually as Emerys and the other girls would follow behind her. As her loyal ladies. When that happened Emerys couldn't stop herself from shaking as thyri gently grabs her pinky subtly as they walk behind Gisla.
This is the first time Emerys had seen any of the royal family since she was banished and labelled illegitimate.

As Emery finally glances up while walking she sees Alicent's three children. Aegon , Heleana and Aemond. Aemond glances at Emerys as they make eye contact for a split second as Emerys stops breathing while he looks at her.
He flickers his gaze onto his mother who nods approvingly as he almost rolls his eyes stepping forward reaching his hand out for Gisla to grasp as the ladies stand at the side.

"You did wonderful Emerys" Tora whispers in Emerys ear.
Alicent , Aegon and Helaena all glance at Emerys recognising her or knew she would be returning after the embarrassment and shame she faced as a child.

Aegon was smirking slightly. Emerys remembered how they would talk about her in Valyrian to make fun of her in front of her. She didn't understand but she always knew they purposely did it to be cruel and what they were saying wasn't nice about her. One of the reasons she learned Valyrian fluently thanks to the trauma.
Helaena throws Emerys a sweet smile. Emerys smiles back. Alicent keeps the same unphased face and Aemond doesn't even look at her.
For some reason Emerys really wants Aemond to look at her but he doesn't.

She noticed something strange. Princess Rhaenerya wasn't here. Or Daemon Targaryen. Her supposed father.
"Thank you everyone for coming lords and ladies of Westeros for the celebration of our house and the engagement of my son and daughter. Aegon and Helaena."
Everyone claps
"I see some old faces at court I would like to welcome back." Viserys says looking at Emerys
"Let the dance begin" Viserys says

Aegon and Helaena step on the floor first and begin to waltz and spin. Next Aemond takes the hand of Gisla as they step in to join the dance after the last spin Helaena turns to Aemond and Aegon turns to Gisla.
So many more people join in on the dance when a lord approaches Emerys and reaches out his hand as other lords reach there hands out for the ladies.

Emerys hesitates but Genevieve gives her an encouraging smile.
Emerys gently takes his hand as he guides her on the floor.
As the dance begins. Aemonds eye lingers over his shoulder as he senses Emerys presence on the floor near him.

Emerys easily glides into the dance and finds it fun as she follows each step and sways around palm in palm , hand in hand , waist on waists , swivelling into the next partner , now and start again. As more and more people would join the dance.

She finds herself giggling and spinning and laughing the more fun she has dancing. Aemond tries to enjoy himself but notices Alys watching him from the corner of the room. As she slowly disappears in the darkness. He spends the rest of the dance looking out for her dancing and dancing. Wanting it over with.

Until he sees red hair in front of him Emerys spinning realising what's about to happen.
Emerys spins excitedly lost in the dance as she swivels around to her next partner she glances up to see Aemond right in front of her glancing down upon her. He was her next partner. Both caught off guard nod as Aemond and Emerys palms touch with an instant spark as he hesitates placing his hand upon her waist as the swivelling together. Emerys heart beating dangerously as she stares at the floor.

Aemond also looks away but Emerys glances up with suddenly curiosity Aemond looks at the floor but blinks up meeting her eyes. As they touch palms and spin again. With such tension Emerys with butterflies in her stomach
Aegon watches easily noticing it is clear Aemond has a desire for Emerys but is acting cold to hide it. They nod moving to the next partner Aemond goes to speak but doesn't say anything unable to form words as Emerys turns to her next partner.
For the rest of the dance Aemond and Emerys eyes linger on each other catching each other staring at the other.
Glancing over there shoulders.

Gisla notices.

Aemond stands with a drink in his hand as Emerys walks by happily
"Brave of you to return to court" he simply says in his silky yet intimidating voice she stops in her tracks looking up at the Targaryen Prince
"Aemond. It has been a long time" she says
"You shouldn't be here." He says
"Why not" Emerys says back stepping towards him
"It is not within your position." He says

Emerys raises her eyebrow
Aemond suddenly speaks in Valyrian
"You are not like us and never will be" he says expecting her to question him on what he said as a power play
"And yet here I am" she responds in perfect Valyrian his smile drops in shock
"Enjoy the rest of your night Prince Aemond. I wish you and Lady Gisla all the happiness in the world" she smiles and turns on her heels leaving Aemond standing